Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 7.0 Ninth Figure Preview!

I mean, obviously this all subjective, as it has to do with personal preference, but Budo's whole spiel was that he was samurai warrior / commando. We already got a full samurai version from the Retaliation line. This Budo, as stated by the club itself, is supposed to be the ARAH version, which has modern, commando pants, and a samurai top. This version is just all samurai, probably because the mold already exists and it's just another straight repaint (just like the Ice Viper Officer). So I would say this figure doesn't look great , it looks lazy. Put some commando pants on him (like the original) and quit dishing out repaints.

Either one is fine by me. While I always prefer the original looks on these figures I can live with a slightly updated version. He kind of fits in with FSS Ninja Force figs now. Remember, thankfully it's not a full on rehash of the Retaliation Budo figure. However, I have to admit that the helmet looks rather large. But it could be the photoshop image.

good night this is a suggestion for the budo figure of fss 7.0 using the legs of Billy Arcob of the FSS 4.0. The idea is that it looks more like vintage

It's not really subjective at all. The vintage version didn't have ninja legs. I think there's been quite a list assembled of legs that all seem more fitting of the vintage version: FSS Nunchuk, PoC Steel Brigade, or even PoC Duke/Gnaw. This figure has the vintage color palette, but not much more in common with the vintage figure, especially below the waist. I was really hoping for more creativity on this one.

The head sculpt does look really nice though.
    Last edited by axonrey@gmail.com; 11-27-2017 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar07 View Post
    top looks good, but ya gotta fix the legs, guys. please consider it. Here is a quick mockup a hisstank user made.

I could go with these or the legs that came with T'J Bang.

Those are actually much better legs! Gotta be honest though, I like the current helmet concept more.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I saw a picture with that helmet (bludgeon's I think?)on a mock up and it looked good. The photo shop is just throwing it off. As for the legs, I think the SB delta legs look really good.

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    #### #### #### #####
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 12-01-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Warning for Rule Violations & Language!

I really like this build too and will try to get him if I don't subscribe. Switching the legs as suggested above would be okay with me, too. I really hope the helmet is not actually that big on the actual figure. It's just scaled wrong in the photoshop, right? Right?
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Great looking figure but since he was released back in the 80's.