Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 GIJoeCon Update and Box Art Preview!

Hybrid View

Exclamation 2014 GIJoeCon Update and Box Art Preview!

FYI... we were unable to post today's update at GIJoeCon since the server is being worked on to test the new registration system. However, I have copied the announcement information along with the box art preview for you here:

COBRA forces have broken through the barricades and re-named our 3 3/4-inch convention box set, which is now officially known as the "Zombie Initiative"!

Name:  2014boxWEB.jpg
Views: 9062
Size:  62.9 KB

Ready to see what I might be spending money on since it's what.. 3 months away or so?

Collectors elsewhere are getting quite a bit irritated.

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Whereas i do like the look of the box, I am more anxious to see the figures.

Why the change in set title?

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the Eco Warriors, or Eco Force were not going to be entirely faithful to their early nineties counterparts, but I'm now wondering if they will resemble them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gi_eddo@yahoo.com View Post
    Whereas i do like the look of the box, I am more anxious to see the figures.

Why the change in set title?

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the Eco Warriors, or Eco Force were not going to be entirely faithful to their early nineties counterparts, but I'm now wondering if they will resemble them at all.
    Name change was required for Legal / Copyrights.

Our FAQ answered a question about neon/plastic changing colors and never stated that E.C.O. FORCE would not "resemble them at all".

It just seems to me that everybodies got there own opinion about the upcoming ZOMBIE INVASION that is hitting the G.I.JOE WAR for what seems the 3rd time! First the IDW showdown next last years CONVENTION CASE and now another goodie you could sink your teeth right into! A ZOMBIE INITIATIVE is quite different from an "invasion title" For COBRA to waste their time with a barricade busting just to report that THE ZOMBIES on the other side of this barricade have the initiative is quite different than an invasion...and not a legal copyright at all. Somebodies lying here...but for COBRA to report an invasion of a superior force has yet to remain seen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Lane View Post
    Name change was required for Legal / Copyrights.

Our FAQ answered a question about neon/plastic changing colors and never stated that E.C.O. FORCE would not "resemble them at all".
    This is what I have been thinking all along, but I do appreciate the clarification. I'm not sure why some people have been panicking about this. I am happy there will be no water shooting/color changing, but you can still have modern chemical operations zombie fighters wearing brightly colored hazmat suits.
    By the way, when do we get the next figure reveal?

Well, the name isn't all that different. The artwork is pretty cool. But I don't know why Cobra would be keeping zombies in a wooden crate. I do appreciate the old-school Joe logo though.

Overall I gotta say it hasn't really moved me either way. Glad to see something, but I'm not disappointed nor am I excited.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manolive@hotmail.com View Post
    But I don't know why Cobra would be keeping zombies in a wooden crate.
    Do you know how much it costs to make a Zombie Warrior? Wooden crates are all they can afford now.

Quote Originally Posted by manolive@hotmail.com View Post
    Well, the name isn't all that different. The artwork is pretty cool. But I don't know why Cobra would be keeping zombies in a wooden crate.
    Its a barricade they are breaking through brother, not a crate and agreed cool artwork...anyways I think everyone needs to chill and leave the griping and hating on the other sites that specialize in it. The clubs been doing this for a while now and I am pretty sure they got it on lockdown. You should be happy you are getting something cause not to bash Hasbro but its not like they have stepped up to the plate and been filling the shelves recently or seemingly the near future...otherwise if your not happy you are always welcome to walk away and start your own club and convention cause we all know you can do it better and that no one would complain if you were running things...Apologies though, to all that haven't been complaining that nothing done so far is good enough so I'll come down from my pulpit now and shut up...I just get tired of people that can't seem to be happy they are getting something as opposed to getting nothing at all...

PS - Geek Viper, that wasn't directed at you...I forgot that I quoted you on that post. So apologies again...