Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 4" membership club figure discussion

Private First Class

2018 4" membership club figure discussion

as many of you know , the 2018 free membership figure is coming under a lot of scrutiny due to it's lack of identification with the classic figure that it is supposed to represent. i feel it only fair to let the club know (respectfully of course) where we as the fans/collectors/subscribers feel it is disappointing us , and give us the opportunity to make viable suggestions as to how we hope the figure cam be remedied before production. i will start with my observations/recommendations , the overall build of the figure is not bad , i would personally prefer the 25th torso used on snow job/wild weasel etc as it closest resembles the original , however if that is not possible then the current build could be made better by fixing the paint apps to properly resemble the v2 RnR figure m paint the shirt tan right down to the bottom of the shirt , ditch the darker brown , paint the boots and gloves black, use a lighter green and colour the legs in the light green and a darker green for the camo , get rid of the darker brown band around the hat and keep it all tan like the original. this would fix the paint to a satisfactory and acceptable condition. also supply a second gatling gun and ammo strap as the twin gatling guns are that figures trademark.please club , do this for us fans and we will be gushing about the figure .

The figure's color is representative of the MARVEL issue 97 colors, merging Rock n Roll v2 with his appearance in the comics and the Unreleased concept case version.

My only complaint is that he needs two of his mini gatling guns and not that little shotgun or whatever in his other hand...

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Great suggestions. I for one agree that the 25th Snow Job/Wild Weasel chest would be much better. I like the head sculpt of the figure a lot and, truthfully, colors don't bug me as it is a mock up and the colors don't look like that in hand. The second gun is also really a must have to be true to the source.

Private First Class
    I consider the concept club RnR paint job as an ME update for the ARAH V2 RnR. Like FSS HnR is similar to the ARAH HnR but not exact, it's a good ME update to the ARAH figure. The club can spend the same amount of money on the paint apps, but limit it to the 3 color paint apps on the legs like the concept case RnR and keep the torso and hat just one color. And please make sure the belt-line is the cut-off for the camo so his torso has normal proportions. If it would save money, I could care less about the tattoo and 2nd gun.

So my official request is that the club just reproduces the concept case V2 RnR for the 2018 membership figure.

Thanks.

Corporal

I agree 100%. However if they make the torso change I can overlook the colors

I totally agree with the changes that need to be made. I remember the club saying we were going to be pleased with everything that was coming out, but so far I'm very unimpressed with what I've been shown. Every figure needs to be corrected by either paint schemes or parts use or both. So much for going out with a bang if we're going to let quality go down the drain

Corporal
    I agree 100% what good is it if you give us cool characters if your letting quality go down the drain

Private First Class
    Hello club. I love you guys but this color scheme is getting almost 100% negative disappointment that is getting hundreds of comments. Please consider a more faithful version of Rock n Roll V2.

Just tone down the colors, eliminate the paint apps on the waist so he doesn't look like he's wearing grandpa's pants and give him a 2nd gatling gun. That is all...

Private First Class timgetshismail@gmail.com's Avatar
    When I joined back in August and found out that one of my VERY top favorite Joes, Rock & Roll, was the Membership figure I lost my mind and got more excited than a 36-year old should have about a toy. Loving the v2 figure tremendously, I also got excited that it was the Concept Case figure finally be released.

The mock-up is not all it's cracked up to be.

This mock-up has potential, but some shortcomings that were mentioned above. It is awesome that the Club is filling gaps, but it is simply not done right.

-I really like the torso, so the 25th Snow Job/Wild Weasel would be cool, but not required
    -Shirt color should go down to his waist so it doesn't look like he's wearing Steve Urkel pants under his belt/stomach straps.
    -Color of his shirt and hat are good, but may need tweaking. Ditch the dark brown on the hat to save on app costs if it enables other tweaks
    -The green is WAY too bright on his pants and chest straps (which I do not feel even NEED to be painted; make them the same color as torso to save on costs).
    -Boots and gloves should be black
    -HE NEEDS (read:NEEDS) his second mini-Gatling gun! Him dual-wielding them is as iconic to me as Snake Eyes with an uzi and a sword in his hands. His little shotgun would be nice if included and hearkens back to the v2 figure, but the mini-Gatling gun is the better option.
    -(a request more than a need) Head cast in flesh tone (random, I know. I'm a weirdo who doesn't like painted faces, one of the worst aspects of the 25th line)

He doesn't have his bullet belt tattoo, and I am okay with that.

An option is to go with the Concept Case colors; the dark gray vest and shirt with darker green camo. Keep the simple one paint app camo like the original, also. Combine all the best aspects of both versions into one super version.

Another option is a combo of the two styles together; the Concept case dark gray torso and sleeves (again, going down to his pants)

I think the members will be polarized on colors, but we will all agree that it needs tweaking.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS FIGURE!!

i honestly like this version better...

Name:  RocknRoll-50th-01.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  44.4 KB

why? the vest is distinguished from the shirt. and RnR looks more "surfer-dude" in my opinion
    ~ the Baconnaire