Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 7.0 First Figure Preview!

I agree, this was a bottom tier figure for FSS 12 or 15 when they would have been running out of "classic figures" to update. Some people in decision making positions either get lots of requests for figures post 1990 that we don't see, or have such a love for them themselves that we seem to have gotten most of them, and have major gaps in 1987, 1988, and 1989 ...

Banned
    I don't mind getting this figure even though he's not one of my top ten requests and the head sculpt looks fine to me. However, that's CLEARLY a wolf and not a coyote.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Don't really care about this version of the character, but I have to agree with Ian on the paint job. Plus, notice how the Dusty head sits more proportionately on the neck and the berret fits (head on the left).

It's not a bad start but he's missing the camouflage on the pants. That alone would help elevate this build to a level above "FSS 1 Desert Grunt" status.

An odd choice for Sandstorm too but I can imagine that anything else would require new tooling. I'm still curious to see what you guys come up with for Kangor's sidekick. (BTW-- bonus points for naming him "Jack".)
    G.I. Joe News & Reviews - JoeBattlelines.com

Private First Class madmac41@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I'd like to see the Dusty head and the original colors and cammo, but I think that Widescope's Lamont would be a better Sandstorm

I totally agree that Widescope's critter would be much better choice!!

Private First Class rocketride@centurylink.net's Avatar
    I like it. My only complaint is a minor thing. I dislike weapons that aren't black. Yes I know there are brown rifles in real life, but for me I dig the old school black. Otherwise I am looking forward to this.

Banned
    You definitely need the camo pattern on the pants and the color, as it looks, is more green than tan. Why would there be green on him at all? I don't see any reason why the club can't apply existing tan camo patterns to the pants and tan paint application to the wife beater shirt. I don't have any problem with the webgear and, like I said before, it's not a character I'm terribly fond of having in my collection but fine for an FSS slot for the people who want him. I just can't imagine ANYONE wanting a light green application Dusty without camo pants.

A buddy of mine checked and the beret will fit and not fall off.
    You don't have to be coy man, lol. You can say it was me I was just coming in here to post the pic I sent you when I saw that Ian did a killer job putting together that comparison. I guess I didn't realize the colors were that far off until I saw it. I know it's extraordinarily unlikely that camo paint would be added. But a lighter color would please most of us.

I don't remember anyone on this site requesting this figure. Am I wrong?
    He came up on many fans lists. Mine for one. But as much as it would probably have gotten an equal amount of complaints I really would have liked and mostly expected this to be a tan repaint of the 50th blue version. Colors aside that is the best Dusty we've ever got.

Banned
    What would be the difficulty in adding camo paint to the legs? Seems like it shouldn't really be that hard.