Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 7.0 First Figure Preview!

Private First Class
    @Club

i'm sure you can do a better paint job. just an idea here

Last edited by 8lalonde@gmail.com; 10-31-2017 at 10:13 PM.

I do like the lighter color. It is closer to the original and has the camo on the legs that everyone is looking for! I am talking about Ian's rendition.
    Last edited by lindy101_98@yahoo.com; 10-31-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Corporal
    Not bad, but could definitely be better. I don't understand why you don't use eithe the P.O.C. or 50th Dusty head. 2 the pants need to have the camo pattern on them. 3 the harness is wrong there are much better choices. 4 the color should be a lighter shade. 5 I'm not sure they'll work but the P.O.C. Recondo knees and lower legs would look a lot better.

Use Spearhead's "Max," as a repaint before you try and pass off a wolf as a coyote. A coyote is half the size of a wolf. The figure is relevant and important to me, but this offering with the Falcon / Sgt Major Duncan style head is a disappointment. Where's the desert camouflage pattern on this figure?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

not fund of the head sculpt they should go with Dusty head either 25th anniversary or the one we got in pursuit of cobra/50th anniversary

They should definitely use POC/50th anniversary Dusty

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    I got burned a ways back for wanting proper '86 Roadblock and '88 Shockwave figures. I honestly don't see anything in this wave of figures that will be better than that. To each his own, but this Dusty with a Falcon head, a repainted (outdated) Timber, and those same legs on almost every other figure is just so uninspired. We have a great 25th '85 version Dusty already. Wasted spot as far as I'm concerned. I don't remember anyone on this site requesting this figure. Am I wrong?

Private First Class
    I have never thought this figure could be part of FSS. Honestly there are tens of characters could get a spot (Blizzard and Lightfoot for sure imho).
    Anyway if i get it, I'd like to get it with Dusty POC head. 'cause that's Dusty!

Also the Falcon head needs to be swapped with the 50th Dusty head. Put the Dusty head on Dusty.
    True, that would have also been the same head the POC version had if they did that. My only thought is that they didn't use the dusty head because the beret doesn't fit on it... not sure though.
    A buddy of mine checked and the beret will fit and not fall off.

Private First Class dgarlit@gmail.com's Avatar
    Agreed, using the Max body from the FSS Spearhead would make more sense to me than repainting Timber. The camo on the pants is kind of a big thing.