Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your first figure...

Private First Class dougwatkins@gmail.com's Avatar
    Grunt v1.5

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    My first Joe was my dads original 12 inch Joe he had since childhood. First 3.75 figures were the figures that came with the Cobra Missile Command playset from Sears.

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    My very first GI Joe figure was Grand Slam with the HAL laser cannon-but I was instantly hooked and went out shortly after and bought Duke, Ripcord, Roadblock, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baronness, and Firefly with birthday money and all seven figures only cost me $22! They were only 2.99 then!

Hard Hands Talking AT Commander. My parents made the mistake of getting me the Eight Ropes of Danger Set the following year, and I HAD to see the Commander dive to the bottom of our pool. His dive was great, but his talker...
    Lets just say there's a reason a Sea Adventurer exists on the Adventure team.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Didn'tcha read the figure instructions? They said in all caps: "Do not put talking GI Joe in water, it will damage his talking mechanism."
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class
    Pretty tragic story so brace yourself. Late 70s, we lived in rural Kansas, way far away from any store. Well for my 8th birthday I got a full size GI Joe with lifelike hair...pretty cool dude. A few days later we go to this small lake (Timberlake) and I'm sitting in the shallows near the shore playing with Joe. My older brother grabs Joe, says "watch him swim" and throws him a few feet away into the water. I guess he was water logged or something because he sank like a rock and we NEVER found him. I searched, my brother searched, my sister searched...nothing. The lake was a few miles from my house so I'd walk down there every once in a while, search the shoreline to no avail. I've been mad about it every since. Luckily a few years later we moved to a big town of 4000 and I picked up RockNRoll, Flash and Breaker at a Wal-Mart . Always thought of Breaker as my first GI Joe. My mom showed me how to use nail polish remover to take his beard off (because in the comics he was beardless) and thus my love for customizing started almost immediately.
    Last edited by charles.phillips@penske.com; 11-22-2017 at 09:05 AM.

God it's so hard to remember. My first figure was either Zap or Flash.