Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your first figure...

Private First Class lukeruzinsky@gmail.com's Avatar
    My first Gi Joes where Alpine, Law & Order, Beach Head, Roadblock and Strato Viper. I also had a Frostbite with the Snow Cat. All of these where bought second hand at a flea market when I was around 6. I was more of a 90s kid so most of the carded figures I got where from 90 onwards. I still mostly got older joes second hand though.

Corporal
    My birthday is 2 and 1/2 months apart

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Grunt, Scarlett and the Whirlwind.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    My first joes were a Christmas haul. Both, my older brother and I received Joes on Christmas 1982. I specifically remember the HAL & FLAK. I think the RAM, Grunt & Stalker were in there as well.

Private First Class firebaseryan@comcast.net's Avatar
    My first GI Joes were a Sea Adventurer and a blond Man Of Action, not the Astronaut. Both with hard hands.

My first figure was Zap, got him at K-Mart. Loved him. The next day I ended up with my grandmother who took me with her to the local pharmacy, a McLanahan's Drug Store. I got Snake-Eyes and the Baroness there. That was all it took. The fuel to the imaginative fire was struck and I never looked back, Christmas, Birthdays, and special occasions were all about GI Joe.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class lukeruzinsky@gmail.com's Avatar
    My first figure was Zap, got him at K-Mart. Loved him. The next day I ended up with my grandmother who took me with her to the local pharmacy, a McLanahan's Drug Store. I got Snake-Eyes and the Baroness there. That was all it took. The fuel to the imaginative fire was struck and I never looked back, Christmas, Birthdays, and special occasions were all about GI Joe.
    I completely relate! Once I got my first figures and then saw the tv show (and at a later age the comic book) I was completely obsessed with Gi Joe! Another find memory is the next Christmas at my Grandparents they gave me a Crimson Guard and a Fastdraw. Gi Joes where the only gifts I asked for!
    Last edited by lukeruzinsky@gmail.com; 10-30-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Private First Class
    In Fall of 1982, I bought Flash with my allowance money.

Blizzard was my first. followed by Hydro Viper, and then Tundra Stalker, i believe, was my third.
    ~ the Baconnaire

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Was straight arm Breaker for Christmas 1982. Still got him. Lost the original backpack. Was using the brown backpack from the battle pack set until I picked up an original back pack in a lot a few years ago.