Thread: Who is your favorite Cobra/Villain?

Private First Class lukeruzinsky@gmail.com's Avatar

Who is your favorite Cobra/Villain?

Ok! Who is your favorite Cobra/Villain from the Gi Joe universe? Why are they your favorite?

Mine is Dr. Mindbender because of his weird pseudo science such as creating Serpentor among other numerous weird projects!

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I have to say Destro. He always seemed more competent than Cobra Commander. The cartoons and artwork always showed him as a muscular, powerful guy with brains to match. He seemed to have a sense of honor in how he handled his business dealings and how he handled the legacy of his family name. I thought he had a decent portrayal in the Rise of Cobra movie & in the Renegades cartoon. My favorite Destro figure is the Pursuit of Cobra heavy armored Destro.

Man that is a tough one. I lean towards Destro for all of the reasons BassistCarlos so elegantly laid out above. I like Tomax a lot too. I love the whole corporate espionage, self-made millionaire, come from nothing origin. Destro edges him out though. I would have loved to have seen where the Krake story was going to go. I felt like Krake could have been the cold, calculating, super-smart, Cobra Commander we've always wanted. If Major Blood was always written like he was in the GI Joe Hearts & Minds book, or like he was in the Mike Costa Cobra Book, he would have been pretty awesome too.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I liked Firefly after seeing his first adventure in the Florida swamps in I believe GI Joe #24 of the original Marvel run, where he and Wild Weasel were sent to find Stormshadow but instead ran into Zartan. I liked it hat Firefly was mysterious and famous at the same time for how well he did his job.

Private First Class
    My favorite has always been Zartan. With him being able to become anyone around him, always made him interesting to me. Plus he leads the Dreadnoks.

Dreadnok4Life,

If Zartan is your favorite, I sincerely hope you've read the entire Devils Due run of Joe including the Dreadnoks Declassified miniseries, because it's some of the best Dreadnok character development ever written and their Zartan origin was very interesting. I highly recommend it.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    Wow, this is hard there are so many to choose from its impossible to pick just one. So with that being said the dreadnok in me says MONKEY WRENCH or ROAD PIG. While my ninja side says STORM SHADOW and DICE. Iron grenadiers, METAL HEAD, DARKLON, SGT MAJOR DUNCAN. From Cobra itself FIREFLY and COPPER HEAD. Why I picked theese characters is just as hard to define, some were the way they looked, while other was their characteristics or job description. I liked this but please don't ask me my favorite joes I'll be here all day.

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Firefly. The Rembrandt of plastic explosives. Gets the job right every time and leaves before anyone even knows he's been there.

Spoken like a true see-gee. "The Rembrandt of Plastic Explosives," I love it.

Private First Class

Smile reply

Abernathy-Was-Right: I have indeed read of the Devils Due run. It was some of the best work done with the Dreadnoks since day 1. Thank you for suggest it though.