Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJCC Membership 12" Figure Add-On set Box preview!

Hybrid View

Post 2018 GIJCC Membership 12" Figure Add-On set Box preview!

Here is a preview of the MOCK UP box for the "Black & White TV Edition" Add-On set (separate purchase)
    to our GIJCC Membership Incentive FREE 12-inch Action Soldier figure for 2018!

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    The box looks a little wider than normal, is that to accommodate a larger amount of gear?
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class
    Is the Joe really going to be grey?

I believe everything about this Joe will be grey. As if we were seeing him on TV back in '64.

Think of him like the Sideshow "Sideshow Silver Screen Monsters."
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 09-12-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: I'm trying to get my point across.
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class
    Thanks for the response. I'll probably pass on this next year. For me it won't display well with the rest of the stuff.

Really? The LAST ONE EVER?????
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class sf49ersphan@aol.com's Avatar
    Me to, figure and concept just does nothing for me.

Private First Class
    Really? The LAST ONE EVER?????
    I would have preferred something ATish. Oh well.

Oh, me too.

But this can be nifty in its own right. I've come around to it and thought of some nice ways to use it/play with it.

And you'll kick yourself if you don't get the last one ever. I know I would.

Anyway, my question still stands, what does he come with? The box looks wider, and the equipment list on top looks like it could be longer than usual.

I once speculated that the figure could be like the first issue figures, with raccoon eyes, and have all fabric gear, like the prototype stuff used for some commercials and promotional images.
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 09-13-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    These go to Eleven...

Just a couple of notes: Yes, everything will be in gray tones. This is a set of figures, not just a one off, so they will display well together. There will be an Action Sailor, Action Pilot, and Action Marine as well in this series. You will get the 12" gray tone figure wearing shorts and the accessories and box are the add on that completes the set. These will be REALLY limited. Yes, it's a novelty but something that harkens back to the ORIGINAL days of Joe as he was first seen. The box images came off of the original commercials. The box is the width of the talker boxes to accommodate the accessories.