Thread: Where is Destro's Navy & Air Force?

Where is Destro's Navy & Air Force?

I don't know if any one has ever opened this for discussion but I have a question I've been contemplating, and maybe guys like Oreo Builder, Ozzie92, and others can take this on as a challenge assignment for customization.

Destro hails from Scotland, an island in a chain of islands. And he's responsible for the defense of a large castle there too. Yet a majority of the Iron Grenadier vehicles are land traversing with the exception of the ASP and Despoiler, and neither of those are what I would call aircraft capable of high speed combat.

So where's Destro's Navy and Air Force; the two things most prominently featured in defense of an island?
    Why doesn't he have boats, jets, helicopters full of Iron Anvils ready to deploy, and submarines? I wonder why Tomahawks, Rattlers, Sky Strikers, and Killer WHALES weren't initially repainted by Hasbro for the I.G. Faction?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Destro's Dominator is a helicopter, but I can't imagine it being very fast; carrying those 2 tank treads!

Sergeant
    If anyone out there is willing to take on the job of customizing a toy cruise ship to look like the one Destro used to carry his tanks and AGPs to Cobra Island and essentially win the Battle of Cobra Island, I would consider paying quite a bit to have such a piece in my collection.

Difficulty

1.) Must be functional and carry AGPs, Razorbacks, troop transports and DEMONS.

2.) Must look like a cruise ship from the outside to create the subterfuge necessary for insertion.

3) Helipad would be nice, but not necessary.

4) Must have control room/wheelhouse that fits actual IG figures.

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe74.shtml
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 09-07-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    I am jealous that you can even think about paying someone to do that kind of custom work

Make it two. I can sell my blood and plasma. And I would consider robbing a bank to fulfill
    The contract with said customizer.

Thanks for reading and commenting on this thread guys! I know it isn't a topic of normal relevance, but I know we all love MARS, McCullen, and all things Iron Grenadier! Kudos to JYoder for researching and providing a reference link too! I wish we could have an HBO series on everything Destro both centuries old historical flashbacks and present day, where Destro competes with businesses like Lockheed and Martin for defense contracts, while dealing with Cobra on the black market, while trying to convince the Baroness to move in and marry him.

Can someone customize a Boeing CH-47 Chinook to look like a MARS industries cargo transport, only to reveal a bunch of Iron Anvils and Iron Grenadiers inside, silently ready to deploy? Also, I'm just goIng to say it, "we need a black with gold trim custom IG Skystriker." There I said it, it's out there, and the Internet will preserve it forever.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class gijoeguru@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I have always loved the IG faction and it is one of my favorite factions to make customs for.

Check out my Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/CUSTOMSBYBRIAN/

or Email me: GIJOEGURU@GMAIL.COM

I have done several IG customs including a WHALE and a Conquest. Contact me if you are interested in a custom.

Thanks!

This is a fantastic idea. And those are awesome customs. Check out hagfan74 link below.