Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JoeCon 2018 speculation

I didn't even think of Red Shadows!!! Holy cow, the logo is exactly their colors!!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

If it is the Red Shadows, who would the opposing side of the Set be? More SAF? Just a full Red Shadows set with extra troopers and torches? Who else beside SAF would make sense?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant
    If it's DEF vs. Headhunters I will drive down to Chattanooga from Chicago.

I felt like that was a sure thing until people on this thread reminded us that A red & black logo could also easily mean Red Shadows. Now I'm not sure which it is, or which I want it more to be.

Sergeant
    I would not pay the expense for Red Shadows. It's a late-run, VERY minor group that doesn't have the cartoon or comic history that the Headman and Headhunters do. Choosing them would be a major step down, especially since it looks like this will be the last chance to do Headhunters as a group for a long time.

I agree that they would not give the satisfaction that DEF vs Headhunters would, but they have way more comic book credit with British Comics Battle Action Force. They opposed SAF for three solid years of that comic from 83-86, from issue #422 - #602.

Sergeant
    Just such low exposure for the US audience. This is just my opinion, but it would be like getting ANOTHER set that's one group of Joes I want with what might as well be another throw-away enemies assortment. I can't go for that after the BATs.

Private First Class
    I'd be for a Red Shadows con set with how much press Iron Blood is getting in the IDW universe now.

Red Shadows has been highly requested on these boards, but I kind of want to see a "thanks for the memories" set of just figures from 82-90 that have not been updated as I said before. If this is truly the Club's last hurrah, I would want the holes filled as much as possible. Even figures I despised as a kid (but had) like the Hydro Viper. But I know the Club likes themes...

That said, I also saw on the Facebook groups postings indicating "HasCon" is not taking off. That the tours for Sunday have been cancelled because not enough "interest" early sign ups, etc. Hopefully Hasbro realizes it has a good thing with a third party promoting its brands for them since they still have some say and control.

Interesting. Could a defeat change things this late? I doubt it. They'd have to attempt a few consecutive conventions that tanked before I think they would turn back to third-party licensing. But we can hope! Dear Hasbro, please retain the contact info for Dave Lane and Brian Savage. Because in 2020, you're going to need them. Yo Joe