Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: JoeCon 2018 speculation

I think you're right Abernathy. Other FSS series have had a mix abs we could see that again.

Yeah man, here's to hoping that Rook, Checkpoint, Red Zone, Baron Iron Blood, Black Major, Plague Troopers, and a Red Torch make it into the Final FSS.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Well everyone. I took a quick stock of all the conventions sets to date & we have all the sub teams. Some of them twice. If they are looking for a theme for this years set, why not do a G.I.Joe Renegades versus Cobra Industries!!! A fun tie in for possibly the final Club sponsored convention. Picture if you could... Cobra Industries being the "sponsor" for the convention & squashing all the negative publicity they have been getting over the years to announce that this is the final "Joe" convention. If the club gets their license renewed then they could tie in a "new" direction for convention. A way to add a humorous silver lining to a dark cloud. I tried my best on Hasbro's site to secure a Revolutionaries Set, but they sold out fast. All I wanted was the Renegades Roadblock. What does everyone else think.

Sorry brother, but Renegades to me is Taurus, Mercer, and Red Dog. I watched all the recent Renegades cartoons but didn't enjoy them very much. I'd rather the club take an o-ring only subteam and make a modern era version of said figures. With the red and black logo coupled with the ridiculous Dojo FSS Headman knockoff, I'd say DEF vs Headhunters is a lock, but possibly a Red Shadows (first modern era figure versions) as the long shot alternate outcome. But good luck to you in getting your Renegades Roadblock on the secondary market.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    I had an idea for a DEF/HEADHUNTERS/DREADNOKS set. First lets start with the 15 fig set,
    1 bullet proof
    2 law
    3 longarm
    4 cutter
    5 mutt
    6 muskrat
    7 headman
    8 gristle
    9 headhunter
    10 headhunter
    11 stormtrooper
    12 stormtrooper
    13 headhunter guard
    14 headhunter guard
    15 cooker (a remake of roc rex but with a night creeper leader head)
    3pack headhunter drivers
    HEADHUNTERS vehicles a remake of ninja combat cruiser and a pair of city strike cyber snakes
    DEF gets a remake of the 50th vamp
    Mace with a dreadnok storm cycle
    Dreadnok Crusher and Demolisher 2 pack
    My thoughts are Mace goes under cover and infiltrates the dreanoks to use their connections to get to the Headman. Any thoughts on this idea?

Private First Class lukeruzinsky@gmail.com's Avatar
    I'm liking that list skoorcard! I am hoping for a DEF vs Headhunters set myself! This is my first convention so I would be disappointed if they did Red Shadows since I have no connection with them. I'm hoping that hotel will still have rooms October 1st when I can reserve them though! I bet they will fill up soon.