Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: JoeCon 2018 speculation

Jyoders, are you hoping for Headhunters because you are a fan of those guys, or because you are a DEF fan? Or just hoping beyond hope that the colors don't mean Red Shadows? Do you want Headhunters or headhunter stormtroopers in the set if you had to pick only one kind...just thinking about the BATs issue.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant
    Because I'm a fan of the Headman and I've never been satisfied by the few figures they've created of him. I like Def, too, but I always thought Headman was a good villain who deserved a good figure. Headhunters over headhunter stormtroopers.

How about a remake of the 2008 set with Sgt Slaughter as super cop. Headhunters vs super cop

Here's what the club should do:
    1. Con Set should be DEF vs Headhunters
    2. Since we already have many of SAF team the club should produce a 6 or 8 pack (boxed or bagged) of Red Shadows: Black Major, Baron Ironblood, Red Laser, 3 or 5 Red Shadow Troopers.

I know this is probably sacrilege, but a Sgt. Savage vs. Gen. Blitz bagged set would be cool.

I was totally with you until you got sacrilegious, on a Sunday at that! Lol, I'd love to see everything else that you said though for certain. And then to make me the pot calling your kettle black, Rook Checkpoint and Red Zone vs Remaining Plague Troopers as part of FSS 7.0.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I really hope the set turns out to be DEF vs Headhunters, if they do that it would be nice to focus on members that haven't had ME figures yet, like longarm, mace, and bulletproof. They could even add new members with characters that still don't have ME versions, like stretcher for the team medic.

I see a lot of posts wanting a steel brigade vs plague troopers set but I feel like we missed our chance to have rook, check point, and red zone with the zombie con set. We got generic Steel Brigade instead and that makes me a bit sad because I would've liked to have seen ME versions of those. As it is though I think DEF/Headhunters would be most likely, especially since the majority of the head hunters side will only need 2 molds, the headhunters and the stormtroopers. Toss in a headman and that could be a full set.

I agree with your prediction and manufacturing ease, I also agree that it's sad that we didn't get Rook, Checkpoint, and Redzone in Modern Era. They also would've been very easy to manufacture, technically all you would need was three heads and the 30th Brigade body if you were really cutting costs.

With 20+ FSS spots left in the final order, we could hope for them there, but let's be realistic, those three characters are outside the 1982-1989 time frame, and the push will be for those spots, and while I don't totally agree with it being that exclusively, I get why everyone will want that. But these 3 plus some Red Shadows characters would be great FSS editions.

DEF vs Headhunters. Red Shadows for 2 and 3 pack exclusives.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    In no particular order, I'll be happy with:
    1. DEF vs. Headhunters
    2. Red Shadows vs. SAF
    3. Plague vs. Steel Brigade
    4. Modern Tanks For The Memories

But sad on missing out on the other 3.

I'd be happy with any of your first three selections. And really sad about the other 2. But perhaps if FSS is not completely devoted to 1987-1989 gap filling we could still see a random sampling of the aforementioned subteam sets