Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDCC at Hasbro Toy Shop

This sequence just supports the theory that Hasbro hasnt really decided what to do with the Joe line. I might sound like the devils advocate here but this is where I'm at. It has been rotated out of their production for a couple years while Hasbro figures that out and Fun Pub makes some product for them. Really boils down to franchise movies right now. Joe doesn't have a movie to support mass production and most of their flagship franchises do.
    I do not disagree, but in the meantime while your figuring it out, it doesn't hurt to continue a license to keep existing fans engaged. Heck Hasbro could test reactions by throwing some stuff into Fun Pub's FSS (making it required) and gauge the reaction. Lord knows, GI Joe fans when they don't like something certainly offer their feedback everywhere...

As for vintage selling, Hasbro gets the packaging look sells, but not necessarily the return to 5 POA. The last retail Star Wars stuff in support of the movies was bad. Even my niece and nephew found the limited articulation "frustrating" at best...

Private First Class jermany888@yahoo.com's Avatar
    The Cobra Missile Command Center was a toy I've been waiting for for about 30 year's. It goes on sale on my birthday and it was sold out. I could not believe it. It was sold out in '83 when my mom tried to order it from Sear's if I remember right, and now it's sold at Hasbro Toy Shop! My wife keeps asking me why I still collect G.I. Joe. She thinks the figures are to expensive and every time Hasbro puts something out be it Toys R Us, Big Bad Toy store or what have you, it always seems like it falls flat. Big Bad Toy Store don't even do pre-order's on the FSS line anymore. Some of us cannot afford to pay for the service and I missed out on 3 key figures I wanted in my collection. The Club Store said they were gonna carry them, but alas when they said they were in the store, they were already gone.

Hasbro will get back to retail Joe things when there is a media event to couple with it. The exclusives look like testing the market. There is obviously demand but their franchise business is too crowded right now. Marvel movies will be tiring in a couple years and Hasbro can focus on other brands. They had a fabulous vintage style super articulated G.I. Joe line from about 2009 and on and then a fabulous Star Wars vintage articulated line In about 2011 to 2014 or whenever it was. The vintage idea came from the Joe line and will spread to other lines. They're starting the Star Wars super articulated vintage style line again and eventually look at something like that with Joe and maybe it will be mixed in with new things. That's a good combo for the brand.

I can't believe I missed them!! I though they weren't going live until 9/1.

Sergeant
    Both sets were removed from the "exclusives" category as of this morning at Hasbrotoyshop.com. Scalpers are now the only option. Thanks for nothing, Hasbro.

Both sets were removed from the "exclusives" category as of this morning at Hasbrotoyshop.com. Scalpers are now the only option. Thanks for nothing, Hasbro.
    The missile command went live for 10 minutes approx before being sold out again yesterday, then removed...

Hasbro should have anticipated their popularity and produced more. I don't know if I'm willing to surrender $170 for Rev set and $130 for the Missile Cmd Ctr.

I managed to get the Missile Command Center and Revolution box set for $97 and $164 off of ebay. There was no way I was going to get these within the very short time frame they were available on HTS.

Out of curiosity has the club ever offered any of these SDCC exclusives in their store?

I think the only time the club offered SDCC items was in 2010 when Sgt. Slaughter was on sale for a short time.

Out of curiosity has the club ever offered any of these SDCC exclusives in their store?
    I think the only time the club offered SDCC items was in 2010 when Sgt. Slaughter was on sale for a short time.
    I seem to recall that they had a few of one of the Xover sets Might have been the Jetfire one but it's hard to recall