Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sdcc exclusive renegades roadblock!

Private First Class sf49ersphan@aol.com's Avatar
    Bummer that the Micronauts are tiny PVC figures, I get why they did that with the rest of the box set in the Micro's usual scale, but still would have liked to have had some of these in their usual scale ( Antron, Acoyear and Karza especially) to go with the great exclusive they did a year or two ago.

I might buy this if it can be obtained easily enough on HTS. If not, well it's no loss for me.

I am all in with Roadblock finally seeing the light of day.

Sergeant
    Funpub has said they haven't been invited to Hascon and it does, indeed, look like all design and product decisions are coming back in-house to Hasbro. I'd love to believe you're right, Boudro, but the mere fact that Joe is being reimagined in-house after the current contract is up and that the TF Club is already gone doesn't bode well.

How come COPS, Silverhawks, Sky Commanders, and Shadow Strikers were left out of the new shared universe?

my guess would be license issues. Silverhawks is a Warner Bros property, so like Thundercats and Masters of the Universe would now be a Mattel license. COPS is the property of the original creator (Marvin Glass Assoc.) and was licensed to DC and Hasbro, Sky Commanders were a Hanna Barbera creation, which means they are now a Warner Brothers Property. and Shadow Strikers? Never heard of them...

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    My very good friend did me an enormous favor and secured mine today. I have to work all the way through the weekend. She's helping out with a booth there and they are actually right around the corner from Hasbro. Yes, I'm quite lucky to have friends like her.

Quote Originally Posted by rjhiii@sover.net View Post
    my guess would be license issues. Silverhawks is a Warner Bros property, so like Thundercats and Masters of the Universe would now be a Mattel license. COPS is the property of the original creator (Marvin Glass Assoc.) and was licensed to DC and Hasbro, Sky Commanders were a Hanna Barbera creation, which means they are now a Warner Brothers Property. and Shadow Strikers? Never heard of them...
    Thanks for the breakdown! The world is so complicated