Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idw: Arah #241

Private First Class robertmsmith65@yahoo.com's Avatar

Idw: Arah #241

So just got done reading this issue and have a couple questions:

1st is sneak peak really dead?
    2nd didn't sneak peak die in the marvel run with all the other Joe's.
    3rd since that marvel run has hams killed anyone else off besides snake eyes

Sergeant
    4th Why is Salvo a fat black woman?

Smitty,

Sneak Peek did die in the Marvel ARAH. Hama used him after the relaunch of IDW ARAH, and then after editorial reminded him that Sneak Peek was dead, Hama wrote one of my favorite post Issue #155 Joe stories, involving Sneak Peak actually doing espionage work and it was revealed that he had never actually died in the Marvel run. Then Hama went back researched that story and had present day Sneak Peek find out his mother died without ever knowing he was still alive and in deep cover.

To answer your other question, yes some have died in the IDW continuation of ARAH, Adele Burkhart is the first that comes to mind. I'm sure someone else can add to that list.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    Salvo is from the Sitterson run, not Hama

Abernathy is totally right, Sneak Peek's reintro was a complete error on Hama and the editors part, but he crafted a pretty cool story out of it, he may be dead or he may not be.

Hama has also killed Billy and Serpentor

Sergeant
    Oh, good. I seriously stopped reading all the IDW stuff after that monstrosity so it's nice to know they have at least one series that isn't a gut-punch to fans and continuity.

I am still reading Hama's Joe, but the new Joe is total garbage. Terrible writing and rushed art (which is amusing because the book is always late). I read that Joe and MASK are ending in Sept. and being merged into a single book (another god-awful idea).

I am not surprised that IDW has lost money over the last year - constantly late comics, all the good HCs seem to be out of print and they continue to publish huge amounts of licensed books that no one buys, if my local shop is an indication.
    Last edited by kelty11@verizon.net; 07-04-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Maybe this will tank faster than we even expected. If sales hit all-time lows, they'll have to scrap it right? No matter what the Hasbroverse is planning in film right? A guy can hope, can't he? Pretend it was all a parallel dimension, and either go back to Krake and Michael Monk, or start from scratch with a new writer
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    I was liking were Travis was taking the story in the Fall of GI Joe arc, but they wouldn't let her tell the story right. Sitterson's book just doesn't feel right.

Cardinal Trooper,
    I absolutely loved Karen Traviss' GI Joe Arc. It was amazing. The thing that upsets me was that she was promised twelve issues, and then told to finish it in four to five less issues. They told her they wanted to go in another direction, but it was over a year before they did another issue. She could have finished her story and they still would have had eight plus months of silence before they relaunched. Karen Traviss really got shafted, and it's a shame because her stuff was street level, reality based, and made the Joes seem real. She was the best joe stuff I've read since Mike Costa and David Lapham.

Sergeant
    At my shop they warm pegs. It ***** because IDW has great writers on its 5 Transformers books and they won't transfer one to a Joe book or even give someone like Karen Traviss more than five issues. I know they could do some quality storytelling but it's like Hasbro and IDW's brass don't even care.