Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Post Joecon predictions

JFaria, I like your package idea better, because Long Arm and Mace, should be available for people outside of a convention attendee 2-Pack. I'm down with Law and Muskrat being the more difficult to get 2-pack, because we already have modern era versions of these figures. That said, I'd like to see this entire team get modern uniforms that give them the appearance of being a team, and not just a bunch of individuals. And I'd said this on many threads, but I think Mace, should have long hair, a beard, look scruffy, maybe dreadnok-esque and have a removable badge on a necklace as an accessory.

Also, are we going to start seperate threads for DEF vs Headhunters & DEF vs Dreadnoks, like we did for Battle Force last year? Are we going to return to the old threads? We had a lot of good ideas on there for both, not that we couldn't repost them. Or do you think the Club already has the next set in preproduction because of time constraints?
    Abernathy, I know we have been around and around on this before, and ultimately I think we will have to agree to disagree, but to help you understand my point of view, imagine this:
    I know the Battle Force set was a dream come true for you. What if I had said "they don't really look like a team, they are just a bunch of individuals with mismatched uniforms. We should update them to all have solid white flight suits so they look like a cohesive team of real life test pilots."
    Would you have been happy with a set like that for BF 2000?

If you're going to make them all look like a real life police unit (and make Mace the undercover Dreadnok looking guy you described) you might as well make up new names and have them be original characters, because that would not be DEF to me.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

JFaria,

Fair points made above. I did however once send an email to Club Admin stating that even if they were modernized I'd still rather have them (BF2000) than no figures at all, even if for cost reasons they all had similar uniforms. However, I hear you on the vintage appearance factor, I do. Usually I'm on the side of vintage, in this case, I'm not, but tell me you didn't fall in love with Wet Suit Mission Brazil II, and that guy looks nothing like his diving suit original. Or some of the Spirit modern era versions? But now I'm arguing semantics, so I apologize. I do feel strongly about them looking not just like a team, but also like they are dressed for what their filecards say they do. That said, vintage is vintage, your Battle Force argument is valid, and I'll support a DEF even if it is vintage accurate. I hope they can meet us half way in the middle though.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Brazil Wet Suit was really popular, I'll give you that, but personally I had no interest. I only collect 1 primary version of each character. So I've stuck with Wet Suit in his wet suit and 25th Spirit even though later versions might look better. I know Bulletproof's green/tan digital camo doesn't make much sense for an urban operative, but that is how I think of him and how he looked in the comics. Anyway, the club usually updates figures a little if they don't have parts to recreate the original exactly so we may have to compromise.
    How about this idea (based on the Tiger Force Zartan-changing-into-Hawk-3-pack): a Mace 2 pack. One figure in his basic vintage uniform along with another figure of Undercover Mace as you described.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

I would support that 100%. And the file card to the undercover should have a split upper torso photo, half looking like the John Travolta Grease - original in leather jacket, and the other half of the photo would be the bearded long hair version of the deep cover figure. And the original figure filecard would have the full original photo. What do you think?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    If I'm reading your idea correctly, it sounds like your idea could be accomplished by adding an additional "undercover" headsculpt to the figure. We could receive Mace, and for his undercover operative version, just switch headsculpts. I'm okay with that. If that's the case, the club could do that twice and add an Agent Faces figure into the mix. The club already has a new Mindbender headsculpt, which was one of the disguises that Agent Faces came with.

It sounds like you want Mace to come with a V.2, DTC Monkeywrench headsculpt. If that means we get DTC Monkeywrench, in an FSS of con set, then I can go along with that!

It sounds like you want Mace to come with a V.2, DTC Monkeywrench headsculpt. If that means we get DTC Monkeywrench, in an FSS of con set, then I can go along with that!
    Me I'm of the opinion that we never got a Proper later version of Monkeywrench V3 cane close I admit but still wasn't a Proper redo of Monkeywrench.