Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Joecon predictions

Sergeant
    I will be happy with any con set that doesn't feature one side that's 8 troop builders and a "leader" that's just a repaint of the troop builder.

I will be happy with any con set that doesn't feature one side that's 8 troop builders and a "leader" that's just a repaint of the troop builder.
    I'm a little afraid this might happen with Headman and the Headhunters in a DEF set, and Gristle & the Headhunter Stormtroopers would be Con souvenirs.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

I'm predicting a DEF Headhunters set (hopefully faithful to the nineties teams) for the next (last?) convention. We've talked about it enough and they already have two head sculpts to use. Dojo for Headman and Dodger for Bulletproof. The rest of the DEF shouldn't need too many new parts so hopefully they could make some new pieces to do the Headhunters and Stormtroopers.
    DEF would be really cool. Someone on the forum also did a great Mega Marines set build out a few months back (can't find the string).

Star Brigade would also be a great way to go out with a bang.

Sergeant
    If it was DEF and Headhunters I probably wouldn't mind provided that it was a really good Headman figure. What I don't want is another leader figure that's essentially the same as the troop builder. So much opportunity for customization and individual weapons wasted on the B.A.T.S this year.

I almost seems like a given, but there are so many subgroups, and only one con set left, that I'll be happy with just about any theme at this point. DEF, Headhunters, Dreadnoks, Red Shadows, Plague, Star Brigade are all on my list of hopefuls.

I don't see ninja force as a possibility, simply because there aren't that many left. However, I would love to get Banzai, Bushido, and Ninja Force Zartan in the FSS format. Now, if they expanded the roster and included characters like Slash, Tiger Claw, Satan, Shadow Strike, and Ashiko, then maybe. If they could use the unreleased Mountain Red Ninjas from the Retaliation line as troop builders, then they could be onto something.

I don't see Eco Force happening either. Again, not that many left.
    I agree Ninja Force seems like an unlikely convention set. There seems to be 1 or 2 ninjas in the FSS each year, so between 7 & 8 we might see a few of Bazai, Bushido, Zartan, or a more ARAH looking Budo.

I hope we don't see any more Eco Force. We already have multiple versions of Deep Six and Barbecue and I would rather get characters we don't have. I won't mention the international Eco For s because I think I've covered my thoughts on them before.

We've gotten so many Action Force figures in the FSS, it would be weird to end without getting any Red Shadows figures to oppose them.
    looking for:

I would like to see red shadows in some way and form whether a con set, fss for the leaders and a 3 pk of the henchman before things are done and over with

A couple in the FSS and a trooper 3 pack would be a good way to go. I'd rather see DEF/Headhunters for the final Con set and I'm not sure who the good guys would be in a Red Shadows box set since we have had so many Action Force figures already.
    looking for:

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Do you think FSS7.0 will be shown in full soon enough to roll out an FSS 8.0? Or could FSS 7.0 just be twice as large with 24 instead of 12?
    I seriously doubt they will double the size. It sounds good in theory, but it will also double the cost; and that would scare away some of those that pay in full.

Private First Class sf49ersphan@aol.com's Avatar
    Any 12" news from the con? Not to rain on the parade of all you 3 3/4" collectors, but haven't heard a peep about the big guys.

Private First Class
    "As Seen On TV" figures, Black and White versions on the original 4 GI Joes