Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Joecon predictions

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar

Post Joecon predictions

Well, the con has passed and given us 13 new characters, to add to our collections. The panel has revealed that Rock N Roll V.2 will be our next annual membership exclusive figure, a 3 pack of Night Stalkers, and Dreadnok Heartwhencher will be on their way. SDCC is giving us a new Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer & Cobra Trooper. FSS 7 will give us Crystal Ball & Tomax; and their is a possibility of FSS 8, which should yield another 24 characters. As of right now, there will be one more con set. So, what will fill those unknown gaps? What do you predict, coming from the club before the end of 2018?

Based on previous releases from the club, I can predict a 3 pack of WORMS, a Headman figure using the Dojo headsculpt, and Poluicao; to go alongside this year's Corrosao.

I was fired up to see a modern era, new concept, tactical DEF squad, as the 2018 Con Set. But now that there's only one left for certain, I wonder if there isn't a better set, that isn't a sub-team, that could help fill gaps? I'd be game either way. Quite honestly they won't be able to get to all the figures we want so whatever they do now is fine. Do I still want a modern era Dart, Red Shadows hierarchy, remaining Oktober Guard Lt. Gorky, Sgt. Misha Zubenkov; Major Barrage, and Blizzard? Yes, of course, I do, but I'll take whatever I can get.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Who knows Abernathy Some of those COULD end up in FSS 7.0 or 8.0

Based on the grenade launcher, that Big Lob came with, I predict a Hardball figure in the future.

Does anybody else see a Dress Blues Gung Ho made with the Gen. Mayhem Jacket, Gen. Flagg hat & Guillotine headsculpt?

Does anybody else see a Dress Blues Gung Ho made with the Gen. Mayhem Jacket, Gen. Flagg hat & Guillotine headsculpt?
    You might have something their Carlos

Sergeant
    To me, the biggest news to come out of the 'con is that there is virtually zero chance for another extension for Funpub and the Club which is a total downer for me. I knew it was a longshot the last time it got extended but the finality of having just one year left with Fun Publications and the GI Joe club that's become more than a club, more like a group of friends to me, is a total downer. Was hoping against hope for another extension.

I get it jyoders. Ultimately, it's the people that are more important than the toys. I've met all kinds of great people through the Joecon experience, and it became easy to make lasting friendships with our common hobby. I will choose to maintain communication with my closest Joebros and become more active in my local community, until Hasbro gets its act together.

That said, with only a short window of opportunity, I will continue to enjoy the offerings of the club & con, and continue to dream, fantasize, and look forward to their products.

I've seen the mold for the Renegades Roadblock headsculpt and I hope that gets released, over the next year & a half. If the club can't use the name Roadblock, then I hope they make a Double blast figure and release the headsculpt as an alternative head. I'll throw it on a ROC camo Heavy Duty figure, if I have to.

I agree with you on WORMS and Headman. Don't forget that Grenade launcher with Corrosao indicating the possibility of Hardball. In addition to Poluicao (Cesspool), we could also conceivably receive Biomassa (Maverick re-paint) and Biologico (Knockdown re-paint). It would be awesome to have a complete S. American Eco Warriors Set before the end of the club. We also need US Eco Barbecue and Deep Six.

The Club really needs to crank out more non-FSS and Con figures before the end. So far we only getting a Nightstalkers Pack and Heartwrencher. How about some 2 to 3 packs to fill out the holes in the special teams?
    Last edited by kelty11@verizon.net; 06-20-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Do you think FSS7.0 will be shown in full soon enough to roll out an FSS 8.0? Or could FSS 7.0 just be twice as large with 24 instead of 12?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1