Thread: G.I. Joe: Indiana Jones

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar

G.I. Joe: Indiana Jones

I saw this figure on the first trip to Disney World when I was but a youngster. He is an exclusive to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular in Hollywood Studios (Then MGM), a live stunt show in which iconic scenes of Raiders of the Lost Ark is re-enacted, including the boulder scene, the Cairo chase scene, and the flying wing scene.

He was available at the gift shop, and I think perhaps the large toy store in Downtown Disney. cannot remember the reason, but we did not get it. Mom said "Next time" or something.

Well, next time came, and...

it

was

not

there.

I was heartbroken. But I guess I forgot about it for a while, because later when Crystal Skull came out, and the 12" Indy figures using the GI Joe bodies came out, I remembered all about him, and requested him for my birthday.

I got him that year, and when I asked how much Mom found him for, she told me not too. :shock:

I'm going to hold on to this figure forever, especially now as the Epic Stunt Spectacular is being torn down for Star Wars Land.

But the show has been recorded, and can still be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51gnon4Uz2U
    The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help.

But you're not helping.

Private First Class
    Hi, not sure if you'll see this, but is the figure the super articulated version?

Private First Class terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com's Avatar
    sorry... all i see is a photobucket ad asking me to upgrade my account to enable third party hosting.
    ~ the Baconnaire

Yea, they redid the way they do things.

I'll repair them when I get home from work.
    The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help.

But you're not helping.

No, the figure is not super articulated.

Didn't bother fixing the OP, but here they are down here.

But you're not helping.

Is that how he looked packaged?
    I've only ever bought the 4 inch scale Indiana Jones figures and I've never seen this one before so, lucky you!