Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIJCC FSS 6.0 Twelfth Figure Preview!

Private First Class terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com's Avatar
    /droooool...

okay, you sold me on this guy as well...

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I remember this character from the comic, didn't really care for him that much, but this looks pretty good.

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Very nice figure. Good use of parts.

Private First Class Josiahdongraham@gmail.com's Avatar
    Holy Smokes! Now that is what I'm talking about! Club ya'll did an AMAZING job on Guillotine, ever since I got the original six pack he has been on my favorite's list, just never thought we'd get a modern update! Now Ya'll are forcing me to buy up some snake eyes to make the rest of the plague

You went and saved the best for last. This is a really great figure. Can't wait to start getting these in

WOW! Totally awesome. The club has really outdone itself with this one.

Private First Class zartanfan@gmail.com's Avatar
    Great showing for last reveal and I look forward to adding him into my collection with a night landing raft full of cobra eels to command!!!

I'm going to have to buy a few 25th Anni Eels to comprise this guy's team.

Once again, this FSS should be an interesting journey. I have overall thought the character choices were a strong set and I think they'll really make a nice tidy collection when things cool down in the next few years. I am also glad that Crosshair was modified a little bit, I think the new changes will do him well. I will look forward, once again, to my yearly order.

I would also like to recap my submissions for change.

Crosshair: The brown is currently too close to the final Scoop output, a stronger brown would be Pantone 7525C or it's manufacturing equivalent.

Windmill: I prefer the US release colors over the Funskool. I'm not sold on the Wild Bill vest, I think the Lamprey's vest might be a stronger option to accentuate the microphone and other details.

Rampart: I think the dark prune color used for the jacket is unsuccessful and prefer to stay away from the South American influence. Please stick to the US release with the dark grey clay jacket. Pantone Black 7 C might be a good start but maybe lighter

GUILLOTINE: I do not think the grey helmet is as successful as the black. Based on the color of the accessories, the mock up shows it's the same color. I think "club grey" is too flat of a grey for the helmet. I also think the brown should be minimized.

JONAS "#########" JEFFRIES: Ghostrider is a ten letter name, add a "#." He kind of looks like he's shirtless with a bulletproof vest on under his jacket, maybe an undershirt will help this. I would also encourage a belt and holster option, there are a few out there. This would help bring the nostalgia closer to the mock up's form.

VORONA: May we see the art for the chest logo? I think the crow requires a stronger beak. I also don't think the white crow is effective, I only remember the crow logo being the negative space of her dark shirt in her various forms.

COBRA W.O.R.M.S. OFFICER: The mock up is hitting a bit gold, I would suggest Pantone 723C or the manufacturing color equivalent.

Dojo: Unless we are way off, the assumption is this head is a Dojo/Headman hybrid. However, I think too much of Dojo was sacrificed in favor of Headman. The skullet (bald head and long, black hair around the base) defeats the queue hairstyle. I also think the stylistic choice of moving away from the ninja eyelet mask in favor of late 90's "raver goggles" is unsuccessful and cheapens an already debatable (yet demanded) figure. I also think the "gi" torso is unsuccessful because the cloth neck scarf molded into the sculpt and painted in skin tones will only make the neck look scarred or ill. The vintage sculpt does not include a gi and I suggest the POC Hawk torso for starters. I think the current mock up will negatively stick out when placed next to it's fairly successful Ninja Force counterparts.

General comments: I am in favor of less shipments and maybe doubling up on months shipped. My suggestion is based on paying less in shipping costs. As of the end of FSS6, I will have paid roughly $522 in shipping for FSS figures and I would much prefer to spend that money more directly on Joe Club items.

Thanks a lot for another great FSS and I look forward to seeing everyone at con.

Corporal
    Well thought out and respectfully asked; the antithesis to whining! *Bro Fist*