Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Run Figures?

Sergeant
    According to what was said at Joecon they're at least out of the Joebusiness for the next calendar year. 2019 looks like the VERY earliest we can expect new film or TV products.

According to what was said at Joecon they're at least out of the Joebusiness for the next calendar year. 2019 looks like the VERY earliest we can expect new film or TV products.
    That's why the club's contract should be extended at least until 2020. At least then we can get a few more FSS sets and other exclusives even if FunPub can't produce the convention any longer.

I agree that the Club needs an extension...

Long Shot (I doubt Fun Publications can afford it) But I think Hasbro should sell the Brand to Fun Publications than they would have more freedom to give us what we want.

Not a Long shot, but a zero shot, Hasbro is not going to let the intellectual property go. They will mothball it for future use if nothing else... (See ROM, Micronauts, MASK)

With an extension (minus the convention) the club could give us Convention-like box sets such as 6 or 10 packs to complete special teams and driver figures with some surprise unannounced exclusives in the store in place of Con souvenirs.

It almost sounds as if Hasbro wants to start with a blank slate for GI Joe, which would be disastrous for the brand. This worked in 1982 because the toy market was very different then and the collector fan base wasn't set as of yet.

Private First Class
    The convention is where the club made a lot of their money, and with the loss of the transformer club too, I doubt an offer to keep making product but have no con would do the club any good. And the second run figures are a pipe dream. I'd bet their last year has probably been mapped out at this point, and with the ambitious goal of shipping two FSS's and the last con prep and product, member figure and add ons, they're plate is full for the last year. And if they do get an extension it'll be back to business as usual. Maybe we could see some repaints of popular figures in an FSS though like the foreign big boa that had the kangaroo, stuff like that.

Sergeant
    I agree that the next year and a half is completely mapped out and packed right now. I doubt there is any chance of an extension if Hasbro is planning something. Why would Hasbro do that when they, themselves, have plans for that IP?

In other words, if the PLAN is to use that year to develop entirely new IP and a direction for the Joe brand, why in God's name would they push that back for the club?
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 06-28-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Questions for the club and the moderators on this board: Is there any possibility of this happening? Have you considered running a poll on this?

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I would LOVE to have second-run Joe products to be re-released, and in some cases such as the Oktober Guard-a third run. It's next to impossible to find a set now online and if you do get lucky enough to find one its way overpriced. They have the molds and everything, they should definitely give a final farewell with a re-release of all of the Club's hard-to-find exclusives for all of the loyal Joe fans. The work that everybody put in was outstanding and it would be a shame if a large number of us couldn't get these awesome exclusives ever again without paying an arm and leg to get them.