Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Run Figures?

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar

2nd Run Figures?

Fun Publishing / G.I. Joe collectors club has a very impressive catalogue of G.I.Joe figures they have produces over the years.

With 2018 being the last year you have the license for the product I would like to suggest something that would benefit everyone.

Offer pre-orders for previously released Figure Subscription Service figures and possibly even previously released convention figures.

For the FSS figures that have been previously released just add "2nd print" on the front of the card. The convention figures would look great on card backs.

Imagine getting the Oktober Guard or someone like Metal Head on card backs. Those would be stunning on any collectors wall. A second chance at great figures like Big Boa would be welcome by many collectors.

Some collectors might worry that this might drop the value of their figures. Look at comic books. 1st run production is always more valuable than reprint issues but it allows everyone to enjoy the product.

Unless there is a legal reason why this can't be done, please consider this option for 2018. You guys are basically sitting on a printing press for making money. If the price point is kept reasonable, like $30 a figure I would drop a boat load of money on these. This would benefit the club as it would be a massive influx of money and leave many collectors happy with a chance to possible fill the holes in their collection.
    Last edited by morgardee@hotmail.com; 05-26-2017 at 06:11 PM.

I don't know if they still have access to all the molds they've already produced figures from, but if they do...oh my gosh would a lot of people be in favor of that opportunity! Pre-orders, no surplus, and lots of happy customers.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Here I go again:

We need

2009 Blades carded
    An Argen 7 boxed
    2011 Python Patrol figures (bagged or carded)
    2011 Brazil Mission set in replica 1986 packaging
    2012 Annihilator Carded
    Carded Oktober Guard Figures

Come on GIJCC. Go out with a bang and send the scalpers into a meltdown.

Private First Class
    This sounds like a winning idea as long as you could pick and choose only the figures that you need or want. Because wbile there are figures that I would want, there are others that I don't. For instance I would not be interested in troop builders like the crimson guard troopers but the October guard figures themselves would be nice to have. Same goes for other sets.

the problem here is meeting a minimum production run for these. I think they could sell through a Mission Brazil and Bear Trap re-issue no problem, but individual figures might be tricky.

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Have a 6 month pre order period. Tally up and see which figures meet the minimum requirement. Charge the credit cards and then wait for your figures. Simple! Especially since I am a late bloomer and couldn't make any cons, I would too would order a mess load of these figures! Especially at $30 each!!!!!!!!!! $35 would be pushing it!!!!!

And there you have it Fun Pub. Pre-orders, no wasted materials, no risk of unsold extras and associated costs. Charge our credit cards immediately. We accept this! Go Club Go! Death to scalpers.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    The convention is only a few weeks away. It might be worth having the club mention this and see what the reaction is. Hopefully it's positive but at the same right doesn't reflect those of us that can't make it this year.

The club already ran a second run of the Oktober guard. They must of had enough interest to do it again. I really don't see this not working, but then again I don't know the legal stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

Just keep the price fair and people will do it. You did the Transformer crossover figures for $29.00 and those had new backs and even a new head. Don't go after the $39.99 price point you are doing on the current FSS extra figures. That will scare people off. $30 on your entire inventory MOC and I'll at least buy 10, probably closer to 20. $40 is a physiological number and hard to justify.

Go out with a bang guys.

Sergeant
    I choose to remain positive and hope for another club extension rather than bet on these "everything must go" sales.

I think this would work. Put all the highly sought after figures up for pre-order. This works on Kickstarter. Really well thought out and marketed projects are funded.