Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2nd Run Figures?

This thread is now ten pages long without comment from the Club. Either they can't comment on it, or they are waiting to make an announcement. I say this because they always weigh in by now when asked multiple times to do so on a thead. For example they commented on Cobra - La to let people know to stop wasting their time requesting them. So I have to speculate why this thread is ten pages deep without comment at all from the Club.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

My guess would be they are just ignoring this post (not taking it seriously), and working feverishly to finalize FSS 6-8, and the last Con in TN. Reissues of figures has been asked for as soon as one figure gets out of someone's price range and they usually find a way of offering the character a second time with a different version. Darklon, and Hit and Run being the only exceptions so far that I can think of. Dial Tone- Special Mission Brazil, Tiger Force were released. Alpine (before the 50th) an homage to V2 showed up in the FSS, and when UPS alpine was not well received Hasbro re-released him as part of the 50th. SAW Viper, Hasbro re-released another version than the Club's. So the Club's radio silence to me, says they are not even giving any thought or time to it. If they were, then they would have responded.

Sounds logical. They're saying a lot by saying nothing at all, as the old addage goes. I didn't realize this wasn't the first time the membership had sounded off so adamantly about it. Good thing I went ahead and broke the bank with a $700 EBay purchase to grab loose members of the Oktober Guard Con Set. Sounds like it will only go up in price as time goes on. I can't wait for the FSS 7.0 full line reveal.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Corporal
    A scalper never becomes a collector. Why because their only interested in money not the product. A collector cares more for the product over how much tbey can sell it for later. I don't know nor can I speak for other collectors, but I would rather spend $100 and get 2 or 3 figures as opposed to hopefully get 1. Why should I have to pay 2-3 times the club price for a figure just because I wasn't part of the club at the time of its release. As far as I'm concerned the club could say pick 30 figures from previous releases (example the Oktober Guard) once again do a slight color change package them individually and I would gladly get the whole team for around $200-$250, rather than 1 maybe 2 figures at the same price. I'm shocked that someone has explain this to you, but then again you have said that your not a collector, you just buy the figures for your niece and nephew.

A scalper never becomes a collector. Why because their only interested in money not the product..
    My point is not everyone that charges more than "we think we should pay" is a scalper. Investors, are collectors, they buy them to enjoy them AND to watch them appreciate in value. They sell when they no longer want the collection, have moved on, or an emergency has arisen.

A scalper by definition tries to grab everything off the shelf and immediately flip it for maximized dollars before the product gets to full distribution. And with things like the FSS, there really is no such thing as a scalper as the sets are made to order. For a person to have them to sell, they are either getting rid of their collection, the ones they do not want, or they bought extras to sell specifically as a reseller. Capitalism-Risk / Reward.

Sergeant
    At this point, I think we can all agree that the FSS, possibly one more after that, Joecon and the items that have already been introduced (Heartwrencher/Dreadnok Jeep) already present a daunting task to get done by the end of 2018.

It will be a daunting task for the 2018 deadline, which is why I hope it still all happens. With all the buzz about FSS 7 & 8, I keep forgetting we have another convention set to look forward to as well. I'm assuming we will get the FSS 7.0 full lineup before 2017 ends. And that still gives us FSS 8.0 and the Convention Set to look forward to after the new year. I almost wish that 7 & 8 were just combined as a 26 figure run, with six payment installments. But that's just because I want to know what 24/26 figures are all at once.

I think it's time to finally abandon this thread and shift the focus to FSS 7 & 8, and 2018 Con Set, because this reissue of club figures notion just hasn't gained any attention from the powers that be, and said powers are pretty busy with the aforementioned anyway.

Oh and to the scalpers, I'd like to acquire the 2010 Membership Dial-Tone, without it exhausting my children's college fund. And can someone repaint a pair of 25th Anniversary Tomax & Xamot to resemble the 2009 Crimson Strike Team set and sell them to me? The 2010 Dial-Tone is already going to cost me $200, I can't pay $400 more for two simple repaints. I say simple, and yet, is couldn't do it for myself if my life depended upon it.

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    Scalpers? Its called Capitalism. Please don't feel entitled to getting prices that are no longer offered. Not everyone gets every chance.

Sergeant
    I would even suggest the thread be pulled. I am making my reservation for the last Joecon as soon as I get paid. All of my thinking about product will go into what's available at that convention and for FSS 8.

Scalpers? Its called Capitalism. Please don't feel entitled to getting prices that are no longer offered. Not everyone gets every chance.
    Exactly! The term scalper has been watered down to include anyone selling something for a price higher than some people want to pay. So if fan 0 buys a membership and gets Dial Tone for $45, sells him later for $60 he is not a scalper. If the guy that buys him for $60 sells him for $100 he is not a scalper. If the third guy sells him for $150, still not a scalper. If the 4th guy asks $200 still not a scalper. Now Dial Tone has been out for 6 years. Limited supply, high demand many transaction = fair market value.