Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC FSS 6.0 Eighth Figure Preview!

Banned
    With the exceptions of WORMS and not #####RIDER, none of these figures are really ones that were highly requested. I'm still getting it for those two and for cool things I hadn't even anticipated such as the female Cobra Night Watch Officer, but, yeah, not a whole lot for filling out the collection beyond those two.

Private First Class
    He should be in his ARAH colors. This version is boring, for a subscription service at a high price point he should be in his original colors. I beleive fan majority would be with me here. Just check out all the complaints on him in other forums. This is a poor color choice here, everone wants ARAH colors first over variants.

Yeah, I feel confident no one requested this figure. Would hope this could still be changed to the original color scheme. I hope the original isn't being saved to be released another way, because no one wants two versions of Windmill.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I was never going to do a custom of Windmill so its kinda nice to see one made. Would have appreciated the original colors though.

Private First Class dgarlit@gmail.com's Avatar
    Such a puzzling choice when there have been so many other figures requested.

The club really needs to consider revising the color scheme. This is just a paint job, not a tooling issue. I don't think anyone wanted a Funskool India- inspired character.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    This to me is the wild card figure. I want it to be great on my shelf but dont know if it will be

Corporal
    Another vote for vintage v1 colors, please.

So far there have been 17 replies in this thread. Out of those, 5 expressed some concern about the character choice or were unsure if they liked this, 10 specifically requested getting this figure in original ARAH colors, and 1 guys said his girlfriend liked this figure. So far no club members have actually spoken up in favor of this figure, and it is sounding very unpopular on other fan sites as well. If that is the best you can do, maybe you should consider revising this character too (like Crosshair, Salvo, Spearhead, etc.). There might be some members out there that want this version, so why not put up a poll to see what colors would be best?

I'm a little confused how this decision was made in the first place. There wasn't any conversations about this version on the forum. I don't know why it is being forced into this package if there weren't any fans (or a very small number of fans) that wanted it. I see all the time though, people asking for the anything from the vintage 80s & 90s line to be updated.

I did the search and confirmed my fear- I was the 6 mentions of Windmill. All of which were either just a listing recap of characters requested in the past for the FSS, or characters from 1982-1990 that have yet to be made in a modern era sculpt. Not that he was necessarily high on my list of wants, but he was a want over anything being updated AFTER 1990 with two years left.

The two people that DID request Windmill both requested the original 1988 version, one of those two actually requesting Windmill wanted foreign funskool figures, except for Windmill. He was the only one that was specifically singled out as to not try an update with. That said the other mentions were in two packs and other Con exclusives, or as a cost saving measure one suggested Ghostrider and Windmill had a relatively similar head sculpt originally making them easy ones to update. Hmmm, nailed that didn't they...lol! But none of them actually looked like a request for Windmill.

All this said, I am okay with this as the colors look a heck of a lot better than the original, I am okay with a muted Green and Rust/Brown color pants, and I am okay if the Club wants to go full original 1988 colors. I look at it like Budo (another character that does not have a vintage accurate ME figure) whose retaliation figure is good enough for me.
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 06-01-2017 at 10:36 AM.