Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 6.0 Sixth Figure Preview!

Exclamation GIJCC: FSS 6.0 Sixth Figure Preview!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 6.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the June 2nd, 2017 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the sixth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

G.I. JOE NINJA COMMANDO
    Code Name: DOJO

(Inspired by the 1992 Ninja Force action figure!)
    Features NEW head sculpt. Includes: removable ninja vest & sash,
    Kusarigama, crescent sword, katana sword, and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

The cost of the 12-figure subscription service is $375 (+ shipping for 6 shipments). You can pay all at once or in three installments of $125 (billed to your credit card). When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two month's shipments. Then sometime during the second month of shipping you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th months' shipments and sometime during the 4th month of shipping you will be billed for the final 2 months' shipments.

Please note that for the installment payment option there is a $6 service charge per billing while the pay in full option has one $6 service charge. Please also note that for installment buyers, there is an additional charge each time a billing is attempted if your card is not approved. If your card has been declined and we have to rebill, we will only be able to retry your billing three (3) times before your subscription is cancelled. Each retry has an additional fee added to your total charge (please see the Terms and Conditions.)

This Figure Subscription Service is a "build to order process" so you can order as many as you like, until the order period closes. At that time, we will not process any more subscriptions and we may/may not have additional figures in the club store at a higher per figure price. Final figures colors/names/accessories may vary from the above descriptions and pictures.

Order now from the 2017 Figure Subscription Service 6.0 website... click here!

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    The figure looks great. My only complaint, if there is one to be had, has to be the clashing lines of the sash against the armor. Otherwise a great looking figure. Even the monk style hair on the head sculpt looks great.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I like the figure build. It works very well. But that head is a bit off I feel. I look at that head and can't help but feel that Headman figure is in our future.
    Last edited by kaljzl0824@yahoo.com; 05-22-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I could see Headman. That would be great.

Corporal
    Looks so close to how i suggested my custom is just a little off. This makes me want the rest of the ninja figures I suggested to be made. I mean the recipes on how to build them. Thanks to fun pub for passing those ideas on
    Last edited by skoor.cr@gmail.com; 05-22-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Dojo looks great. We almost have a complete Ninja Force set. The headsculpt could be used for Headman figure somewhere down the line.

The premise of this design seems ok but this head sculpt is missing the mark. Going the leading presumption that the head will be shared with a future Headman at least help to understand the decisions made but, in my opinion, does nothing to promote Dojo at all. As a bald man, I can tell you "skullets" are terrible and do not serve the original "queue" hair style justice. The goggles also make him look like a fly white guy from the late 90's. Finally, the narrowed and rattier face might help the shifty nature of Headman but takes away from the stronger jaw and determined demeanor of Ninja Force Dojo. The current output pretty much looks like Ali G.

Finally, the gi torso has a neck-wrap sculpted into it. This neck wrap lends no favors to assuming a bare-skinned neck. If anything, the flow of the neck-wrap cloth makes the skin wrinkled and flabby. On the surface, a suggestion would be the Pursuit of Cobra Hawk's torso with the collar because the 1992 Dojo is not wearing a gi. At that point, those with a better understanding of parts might be able to suggest a more refined solution.

Sorry, as it stands and in my opinion, the other two 1992 Ninja Force figures were pretty good and this one is lacking.

Corporal
    There are a total of 5 ninja force members that have been remade 3 for FSS DICE,SLICE,NUNCHUCK 1 for joecon T'J BANG and 1 for club excusive transformer cross over SCARLETT. 3+1+1=5 not 2

The head does not look good, but I assume there's not much that can be done to improve it at this point.

The cloth neck definitely needs to be painted another color besides skin tone, and the webgear is a mess. If the sash underneath was removed, I think the outer webgear works, but could use another paint ap on them.

Is it possible to fix the head so it looks less like a mask (IE the inevitable Headman reuse) and more like the bandana that the vintage character was depicted as wearing?
    G.I. Joe News & Reviews - JoeBattlelines.com