Thread: Nam Kitbash(es)

Hybrid View

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar

Nam Kitbash(es)

Squad Leader
    This is the first of, ideally, several. I plan to put together a full squad, which, during Nam, was 8-12 men I believe. So I'm going to have either 9 or 10, which I will be taking some outdoor pics of as the squad fills out.

This is my Timeless MOA. His military dossier is below. One detail I neglected is his birthplace. It is Honolulu, Hawaii.

His Gear
    Field Pack, E-Tool (and Cover), Ammo Belt, Pistol (and Holster), Canteen (and Cover), M-16.
    These go to Eleven...

He is dressed in VAM40 fatigues, short black boots, and a homemade do-rag. A rough pattern of which is below if you guys want to make your own.

As per his characterization, somewhere between Sgt. Barnes from Platoon, and the Sergeant from Tour of Duty. He's farther from Barnes.
    These go to Eleven...

ARVN

I don't think anyone's done one of these before. This guy is part of the "Army of the Republic of Vietnam," or, ARVN, or MARV (cause the U.S. grunts were cheeky like that).

His gear
    M16, Machete and sheath, Field Pack, Helmet, E-Tool and cover, Ammo Belt, Canteen and Cover.

These go to Eleven...

M60 Gunner

His gear
    M60 Machine Gun, Ammo Belt, Additional Ammo Belts (x2), Pistol Belt, Holster, Pistol, Canteen and Cover.

He's wearing some vintage Joe fatigues (open, because it's hot in The Nam), vintage short black boots, and a homemade headscarf and GI Towel.

I decided to use the Cotswold M60 over the 40th one I have, because the Cotswold one is sturdier, and easier and cheaper to replace if it breaks.
    These go to Eleven...

Radio Man

His gear
    Field Radio, M16, Ammo Belt, Canteen, Canteen Cover

These go to Eleven...