Thread: A different take on a new movie

A different take on a new movie

So why not do a "Lego" style GI Joe movie? You know using the actual figures from the toy lines of the past and utilizing some of the Sunbow and MARVEL story lines. Think of it as a cross between the LEGO Movie and the Robot Chicken comedy, but with an 80's action movie feel. Just an interesting thought I heard...

Corporal
    Although it's not the movie I would want, I'd still pay to see this!

I think it would also get kids drawn in, which in turn would sell toys

Might be a good reason to bring KRE-O back as far as Joe goes

Lego movies are hot right now. It could be a great opportunity for Joe.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Exactly! It might be a way to get GI Joe back into the main stream conscious in a good way...

That would be pretty cool. Personally, I love all the Lego Batman, JLA and Star Wars movies. They are well written, well cast, completely irreverent, but still true to the source material. SW: The Freemakers was better than Rebels and the junk fest that is Force Awakens. l

Also, I never purchased the KREO sets, but it might be hard to resist true Lego GI Joes (we would finally get a USS Flagg playset again).

I would use the ME 4" figures so it doesn't look exactly like a "Lego" Movie rip off...

Corporal
    I would love to see Robot Chicken do a full length G.I. Joe movie!