Thread: "What if?" GI Joe: Action Sailor Navy Seal Uniform Card (1967) (V1)

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar

"What if?" GI Joe: Action Sailor Navy Seal Uniform Card (1967) (V1)

This Bash is meant to be like the Green Beret set, and the Marine Jungle Fighter set, leaning more towards the latter.

I like this bash a lot because reportedly many US Navy Seals preferred Levi's 501s to the standard issue trousers. Both for comfort, and to better hide their sound while wading through the water. I'm not sure if Hasbro would have picked up on this (or if this information was even available to the public in 1967), but it sure looks cool!

\/ Some historical context \/

Some fellows on UAMHQ noted his lack of head-gear. Navy Seals in Nam' tended to wear a boonie hat. Something Hasbro didn't make in the 60's.

They also wore some head bands and bandannas/do rags, in 1/6 scale they'd be just bits of cloth, so it would be unlikely that Hasbro would package such an item.

I tried to keep this 100% 60's-era (or reproductions) Hasbro stuff, and I did.

I can't imagine a watch cap would look out of place, but that's is creeping into the "Sabotage Card" territory with that.

I've got an idea for a V2 kitbash, either using a Cotswold head band or a homemade bandanna.
    These go to Eleven...

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    I changed the shirt out, and gave him a headband from my Cotswold "The Vet" (Rambo) set. http://actionmanmobileops.forumotion...niform-the-vet

These go to Eleven...