Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2017 updates

Hybrid View

May 2017 updates

Here are some convention notes:

Cosplay Weapons Policy:

This year we will be following Disney's Prop weapons policy:

No Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons (toy guns, toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)

This would include items with blades or look like grenades.

To date, we have not had any teams of six to sign up for the GI Don't Know Trivia Contest. Contest will be on Friday. If we don't have anyone sign up by May 15, we will cancel the event. Please use the Contact Us link at GIJoeCon.com to register. Questions will be from all era's of G.I. Joe.

Tell your friends that the last day to register is May 31st. Just a month away! Same for your favorite Exhibitors...make sure you ask them if they have registered for a booth!

Registration confirmation and sign up times will be sent out in June.

Add on packages or additional registrations need to be completed by May 31st as well.

We have renegotiated the parking at the hotel. You can park at the Dolphin for $20 per night or you can park at the Swan (100 yds away) for $10 a night. For the day folks you can park for fee at Disney Springs and ride the Disney shuttle bus over. Park in the Orange section. Cars must be removed by 3am or get towed.

There are no GT American Hero's left but there are a few GT General's packages left. In addition, there are still seats available for the Wednesday Customizing Class.

There are 13 loose BF 3.75 non-attending sets left.

Make sure to visit the official 2017 GIJoeCon.com website to see the full Schedule of Events as well as the list of Seminars and Panels with our special guests.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJCC_Staff View Post
    For the day folks you can park for fee at Disney Springs and ride the Disney shuttle bus over.
    Would that be, park for free, or park for a fee? Given the context, I'd say the former.
    These go to Eleven...

Would that be, park for free, or park for a fee? Given the context, I'd say the former.
    pretty sure its a pay to park. Everything I looked at for Disney was a pay to park in their areas.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    Disney Springs is park for free. I have been there recently and then you can take shuttles to where ever you want to go on disney property

Is Disney Springs the new name for Downtown Disney? If so, that's definitely park for free- it's basically a mall, not a resort area.

Hello Members!

Time is running short! Just 2 weeks to register for GIJoeCon. Pre-registration ends May 31st. After that date you will have to come to late registration at the hotel. For you Exhibitors and Artists, we still have a limited amount of space available (already over 150 tables).

There are no rooms available at the hotel but, you can get on the wait list. To wait list, just click the hotel link on the convention website and make a reservation at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel. We have seen rooms available at several of the Disney value resorts. Don't forget you can ride the free shuttle to the Swan and Dolphin. You will need to change busses at Disney Springs.

The Panels and Seminars have been posted on the 2017 GIJoeCon website as well as the schedule.

We still only have one team for the GI Don't Know Game Show! Please let us know by Friday (May 19th) if you have a team as we may have to cancel that event. Use the Contact link at GIJoeCon.com.

FSS 6.0 is still underway so watch for the updates on the GIJCC Forum. Deadline for the order period is June 2nd.

Also, we will start pre-orders for the carded Big Lob, Man of Mysteries Accessory set and the extra figures, very soon. If there are any available, we will have them at the convention as well.

Your FREE membership figures will ship before the convention. They are on their way here from China.

Thanks for your support! It will be a great G.I. Joe Summer!

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Are there final production samples of the membership figures? Or are they in that same shipment? In which case, you guys would post pictures when the arrive, shortly before they get shipped out to the members?
    These go to Eleven...

Can't wait to see the carded Big Lob. I don't usually buy the carded membership figure, but I might do so this year.

We have shipped the final FSS 5.0 a little early so you receive it before the Convention. Enjoy!