Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revamped Joe?

Do y'all think we'll get an update from Mark and Derryl @ JoeCon?

If there is something to update, yes I think it will come at Joecon. Much of what has been said lately has been notably ambiguous. They might be biding their time to see how some things play out. A revamp would still have to be very original and differentiated from all the other franchises that have been getting movies. My theory is that hasbro is testing their inhouse movie studio with my little pony to see how it does and then give more thought to how to approach other franchises.

Well MARVEL's VP has identified their SJW position on gender bending and diversifying their characters as the reason sales at MARVEL have slipped so badly. But Hasbro wants to jump on that wagon train...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...er_lineup.html

of course... if they created NEW DIVERSE characters and introduced them in the existing properties some of them might stick around, but changing known and beloved characters to appease people that are not even your fans only ticks off your existing base...

Interesting article. I would also chalk it up to the new characters being totally un-original and lame and the simply awful amateurish writing and art on most of their books. Some of revamps/ new characters haven't been that bad - Jane Foster Thor, for example. However, that book is good because Jason Aaron was able to weave Marvel/Disney's mandates into his fantastic storylines.

NOW BACK TO GI JOE:
    I feel that there are many Joe characters that could be successfully revamped, but not the main stars of the concept. Although Lady Destro and The Baron might work

In terms of Joe Comics, I still wish that Marvel would reclaim the license. Marvel's Star Wars line is absolutely terrific, and I'd be interested to see what could be done with Joe (provided they kept Larry Hama's ARAH). I'd love to see Joe Omnibuses as IDW's complete collections are nearly all out of print and Vol 9 has been delayed since last August.

Sergeant
    Most of Marvel's writers write for "shock value" now more than anything else. The company has heaped work and praise on Dan Slott, about the worst writer there is when it comes to all hype and no substance, and now everyone else is playing copycat.

Nail on the head!! 'If it ain't broke...' To make Snake Eyes 'better' for a new crowd don't change him- period!! Thousands of kids fell in love with the knowledge of who he was/is in the way Hama created/wrote him!
    I don't want DailTone to be a 22 yr old female with a tattoo and attitude ��!!
    This all stems from a 'I can make it better' mentality. A well written story and solid acting will make a great movie. Keep the long time fans happy and give casual movie goers a reason to spread the word about a really good movie.
    Breathing life into the franchise and hopefully put Joe back on a 12 year plus run for another group kids to enjoy!!
    I have seen Joe handled better by guys doing dio stories that 'top' Hollywood people! I understand times are different but not what made GiJoe great!��

As far as what Hasbro has for us in November @ TRU, I really hope they give us a proper ARAH update for Lt.Falcon!! A rich camo pattern and 25th accessories to complete what we have been wanting and waiting for!

Private First Class
    Not to beat a dead horse, but the subject has popped up again . . .

http://www.cbr.com/gi-joe-reboot-tak...nial-approach/

Sergeant
    Gosh, I sure hope there are going to be skateboards and man buns.

Well they created buzz, but not excitement. I hope they actually read the comments from 80's 90's groups, Joe Groups, Toy Collector Groups, Comic groups etc. The idea of GI Joe with a Millennial twist is being panned and skewered across the internet and social media...

They have created a negative Buzz and disappointment before they even started developing a script. That should tell them the "Millennial" approach is a bad idea...