Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March 2017 updates

Hybrid View

March 2017 updates

We are working hard on the final items for the con set and hope to have pictures of pre-production figures in the next couple of weeks.

###

Check your membership to make sure it is current. We found out the store was not sending out the cc decline notices... this has been corrected. Log into gijoeclub.com/shop and go to My Account to check your end date and CHECK that you have selected the FREE figure size you want for this year. 12" or 3 3/4".

if you have friends that want to join and get one of these FREE figures, they must have an active membership by March 16, 2017

###

Please tell all your Exhibitor/Dealer friends that the discount for multiple booths for the con expires on March 15. There is a $25 per booth discount for multiple booths until that date.

Figure set sales are progressing as normal and there are not a whole lot of loose sets left. There is a larger number of boxed sets and we are still good on these. All of the American Hero Golden Ticket passes are sold.

###

Pre-Orders are up for the 12" Super Joe, Darkon, and the 3 3/4" Female Troopers. These will arrive here this month. Order at gijoeclub.com/shop

###

For you FSS subscribers, because the shipment we have been waiting on got held up in customs AGAIN... we are going to ship the figures that say #4 this month and next month you will finally get the figures marked #2. We were beginning to think these were never going to get here. First the factory had a problem with one of the pieces and had to remake some of them, then the ship was 2 weeks late leaving, then customs wanted to inspect the container....

###

Convention registration deadline is May 31st. The hotel still has rooms at the higher rate for Thursday-Saturday nights.

Private First Class autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com's Avatar
    can you say or not if this container also had the FSS 5.0 transformers

This is going out to all active and former members:

We have extended the deadline for you to be eligible for this year's FREE membership figure until Wednesday at noon, March 22.

We believe that some of you didn't get your decline emails when the auto-renewal ran. We are asking EVERYONE who thinks they have a current membership to go to the store, click on My Account and log in.

After you log in, click on the Customer News tab. Under the Subscription News banner (bottom of page) the system will tell you if you have a current membership or not. If not, just add the one you need to your cart and check out.

Don't forget to check under the Customer Contact tab that the correct FREE figure is chosen: 3 3/4" for Big Lob or 12" for the Arcane Adventurer: Man of Mysteries. This is your last opportunity to change your selection for this year.

Thanks for taking time to double check your account!

Brian

Thanks for the updates! On the topic of convention sets, is there any chance the club will offer any of the attending items to the members who cannot make it to the con? Even if they were at a slightly higher price I think it beats searching ebay for the things I'm missing out on.

Private First Class
    Thanks for the updates! On the topic of convention sets, is there any chance the club will offer any of the attending items to the members who cannot make it to the con? Even if they were at a slightly higher price I think it beats searching ebay for the things I'm missing out on.
    I totally agree. Being disabled makes it extremely difficult to travel. I personally ended up paying over $100 for Air Raid on ebay about 3 months ago. And I still haven't been able to complete the 15 figure set.

I totally agree. Being disabled makes it extremely difficult to travel. I personally ended up paying over $100 for Air Raid on ebay about 3 months ago. And I still haven't been able to complete the 15 figure set.
    guess I am just confused............isn't the box set from last year still available on the site......why are you trying to completely build a set on the aftermarket??

Private First Class dgarlit@gmail.com's Avatar
    skoorcard, I 100% relate to this. I am disabled as well. Collecting joes is one of those things that keeps me sane. I would love to have a chance to purchase convention items because it's near impossivle for me to attend physically. I'd even pay a slight markup, I'd rather give my money to the club instead of scalpers.

Private First Class
    Exactly! That's part of my point , we all would love for the club to keep going my suggestion is that after the con put the leftover exclusives on the store I would rather pay the club and have the mony go towards new figures that we want than to pay someone on Ebay 2-3 times what they paid the club.my example would be last years con set, homefront only had 60 sets and by the time I got the email they were all gone, I had to go to E bay and buy one figure at a time average price of $40 and i still have not completed it and each of those are around $50 or more antht will only get me one of each character not 3 night vultures or air devils. By the time I get this set completed I'll have spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 just because I can't travel. And im not getting to meet anyone at the conventions which would be great. But alas if you yourself are not disabled or know anyone who is maybe your way makes sense.

Private First Class
    The set is available on the club store for $385. https://www.toyarama.com/store/2016-...1-pc-p1421.php
    Why would you spend $600 to buy them individually?

Sergeant
    Unless you live within driving distance of where the actual 'con is at, it's still cheaper to just buy the exclusives online if you weren't going to the 'con for the camaraderie, panels and stuff anyway. Particularly with it at Disney this year. Even if you have a relative in Florida who will put you up for it, you'd still have to pay at least $200 for a plane ticket and several hundred dollars in cab/uber fare to and from the venue just to get the exclusives. The homefront heroes set costs the same whether you go or not and you can save that travel money to buy the exclusives afterward on the auction sites. This also, paradoxically, incentivizes con-goers to buy multiples at the show as they can at least sell them to defray the costs of travel.
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 03-22-2017 at 02:07 PM.