Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March 2017 updates

Private First Class
    Exactly! That's part of my point , we all would love for the club to keep going my suggestion is that after the con put the leftover exclusives on the store I would rather pay the club and have the mony go towards new figures that we want than to pay someone on Ebay 2-3 times what they paid the club.my example would be last years con set, homefront only had 60 sets and by the time I got the email they were all gone, I had to go to E bay and buy one figure at a time average price of $40 and i still have not completed it and each of those are around $50 or more antht will only get me one of each character not 3 night vultures or air devils. By the time I get this set completed I'll have spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 just because I can't travel. And im not getting to meet anyone at the conventions which would be great. But alas if you yourself are not disabled or know anyone who is maybe your way makes sense.

Private First Class
    The set is available on the club store for $385. https://www.toyarama.com/store/2016-...1-pc-p1421.php
    Why would you spend $600 to buy them individually?

Private First Class
    I bought what I have before they were put up for everyone to be able to purchase it. But your missing the point yes last years 15 figure set was eventually added to the store but not all of the exclusives were I don't remember seeing Air Raid on the store. Whereas if I was able to travel as easily as a nondisabled person I would go to the convention. There are things that are sold at the convention that are not sold on the club because they can't be. Things like memories, the opportunity to make new friends with common interests be they from the same area as you or across tbe country. What about the custom building class exclusive kickstarters like the eagle force or valkyries. The club doesn't sell these things.

Sergeant
    The exclusives rarely make the club store. The auction sites are usually the only option after the show. The con set, though? Yeah, totally do the Homefront Heroes option for non-attending members for that.

I would love to go meet everyone at the shows and talk about builds and things but, and this is where I question some decisions, the cost of DISNEY is just so exorbitant. Colorado I might have been able to swing but I had a family wedding that weekend and I actually went to Springfield and had a great time. When the Disney hotel is around $225 a night and everything else is more expensive because it's in tourist season you're almost already priced out of buying all the exclusives at the show anyway.

I get that it needs to be family friendly and all but considering some lower-cost options would really be nice for the discretionary travel budget.

Private First Class robertmsmith65@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Or the club can become bigger and do two smaller shows one west coast. East coast

Private First Class
    Or the club can become bigger and do two smaller shows one west coast. East coast
    What about the Midwest, thats where I live. Having 2 cons one on each coast still doesn't help me.

Private First Class robertmsmith65@yahoo.com's Avatar
    What I'm saying is have one in Nevada and one in Pennsylvania

Sergeant
    ### ##### ######!
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 03-24-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Final Warning for Off Topic Comments.

Got the Female three pack of Cobra Troopers, they look good, but I have to ask why one has Orange Hair instead of Blonde, or Red? It is like they couldn't decide and painted them Red, then changed their mind and added yellow...