Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February 2017 Update

February 2017 Update

Please note: We intentionally shipped the FSS 5 Month 3 figures out of order. Month 2's shipment was split and we won't get the other half until the end of this month. Month 2 will ship in March.

Someone has asked if there will be anymore Transformers Crossover products. The short answer is no.

Can you order the convention shirts/hats if we're not attending? Yes. You an do this at the time of your non-attending registration OR if you have already done that, log in at the registration site, select non-attending, on the package page select the package bypass. This will get you past that screen so you can get the hats and shirts.

Registration will end around Memorial Day or if we run out before then.

We still don't have anything real to show. As soon as we do, we will post those pictures. We are working on box art and file cards now.

Also tomorrow Feb. 15th is the day scheduled for the FSS 5.0 second installment billing if you are in that system. Please see the email that was sent if you need to correct or check your cc number.

We have begun work on FSS 6 which the order period will start this spring. This means more 3 3/4" Joes coming from the club than ever before! Our goal is to have as little lapse between the final shipment of FSS 5 and the first shipment of FSS 6 as possible.

Sounds great! You guys are crushing it this year so far. First came Salvo, Sneak Peek, and Raptor. Then Battle Force 2000 was revealed! I can't wait to see what the FSS 6.0 does for an encore! More Joes than ever before is always a good thing.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant
    Will the reveal of FSS 6 again happen at Joecon or is there a chance that ordering might happen earlier this year?

That's a great question and I have another regarding the "more Joes than ever before," statement. Does that mean more than 13 figures in FSS, or does it mean, more offerings than simply FSS and 2017 Con? Like when the BBTS 7 packs were retailed? Just curious. But really really curious, yo Joe!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I at least get a text line-up of figures for FSS 6 before the convention. I am also hoping "more Joes than ever before" means a few more mulit-packs.

Private First Class
    The Club has made some outstanding figures and some figures which were exceptionally lousy, but could have been outstanding if the Club had just used different parts from the existing tooling library or tooled some all new pieces. If the parts the Club needs aren't available (e.g. Hasbro won't allow) for use or they simply don't yet exist, I hope the Club invests in the new tooling required rather than passing off more of the same lower quality figures we've seen. If there is some issue at Hasbro, then there needs to be a better cooperation and the Club needs to better communicate the needs of their customer. The Club is supposed to me making the definitive modern era version of these characters. I want to look at these figures on my shelf and think to myself "That figure is outstanding. I'm so glad the Club invested in tooling a new part (e.g vest) for him. I would have been so dissatisfied if they had tried using an inappropriate part (e.g. oversized, poorly fitting vest). That would have been wasting the opportunity to get the definitive version of said figure and a waste of my money".

With that said, bring on FSS 6.0!

Multi-packs would be welcomed and would probably help get certain subgroups completed or help complete the 87-90 run. Or you know, 2 three packs could get the iconic LRRP squad made in modern era that's highly requested over the years. It could help complete the Ninja Force too. But yes FSS 6.0 reveals even without photos before Joe Con would be cool.

I think "more joes than ever" simply refers to the fact that they don't intend to have a significant lapse of time between the end of FSS 5 and FSS 6. I wouldn't get excited over anything further than that.

If ordering is slated to start in the spring, then wouldn't reveals need to start fairly soon? They can't expect that we'll order and FSS sight unseen, can they? Prior to this one, I would have been satisfied simply with a roster listing, but after what almost happened with Salvo, I think I need mock-ups first. That would mean all this would have to occur before Joe Con. That doesn't seem very likely. However, given that FSS reveals are a normal part of Joe Con, if they've already done them prior, perhaps it's because they have additional reveals for the Con, which may lend credence to the "more joes than ever" actually meaning more joes than ever.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see what is revealed at the con this year. I hope it's a presells date for heartwrencher.

I am in at FSS 6.0 is happening... I am just hoping that it fills in mostly 87/88/89