Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2017 Update

Private First Class
    Very excited about 2017 and especially FSS 6.0. When can expect to hear the announcement of the lineup for FSS 6.0?

Private First Class
    I am in at FSS 6.0 is happening... I am just hoping that it fills in mostly 87/88/89
    It won't, and that's not a stab at you, but look at the formula they've been using since the first set. You might get 3 or 4 if your lucky. So why don't you pick your top 5 and request them and you might get lucky instead of demanding a complete set that only you are interested in and let others voice their wants without you slamming theirs. Who knows maybe some of us others might back you up instead of trying to defend ourselves to you when you single us out and insult us and our wants

Because there is only a year left. I use to be selfless and patient with a, "the more Joes the better" attitude. I once thought a more diverse FSS (for some reason 1990 and beyond is shown a lot of love) would work. International figures, Adventure Team, Sunbow/IDW/Marvel, ARAH, even Shattered Glass and a few "new characters" along the way should be the formula. Then it was announced that 2016 was going to be the last year, then it was announced a two year extension until 2018 would happen giving us 2 more cons and 2 more FSS series. It was at that point, I no longer wanted any garish neon colored Joes remakes, no Ninja Force, No Eco Warriors etc.and could care less if the last of those figures are ever updated. Everyone collects for different reasons and different ways. My base goal is to get my niece and nephew a modern era version of every figure, that I, and my sister had growing up. 1990/1991 were the last years that I bought any Joes. Anything after that now I have zero interest in with only 2 Cons and 2 more FSS to go. Now, if we had 5 more years, or ten, and the indication that the Club would have an option to renew, then I have no problem buying a 13 figure subscription for a single figure to fill in those holes. The fact that my niece and nephew in the past, have had, more options, and more characters (Dreadnoks Set, Con Sets, FSS subs) outside of my base goal was a bonus. That said, it only works if I feel there is an opportunity to finish that base goal. For me, if the choice is to never finish Ninja Force, Eco Force, or never get to the Plague, DEF or Headhunters just so that Downtown, Rumbler, Lightfoot, Hardball, Crystal Ball, WORMS, etc., etc, etc. can be made- than I personally am 100% fine with that. If I thought there would be more than 100 figures (give or take) still to be produced ( about what the Club will produce 15 figure Con set, con 3 pk, con 2pk, con drop figure, and 13 figure FSS plus add ons each year). Of which some will be duplicated (see 9 of the 91 like BATS in the Con set) I would be throwing out much more ideas ( Mara, Dr. Knox, Mistress Amanda, Lt. Claymoore, Col Sharpe, Alice, Cool Breeze, Red Shadows, Action Force, Argen 7, Z Force, Q Force, Advetnure Team, Super Joes, Defenders, etc.)and be much more diverse in my requests. Until then, I have to reiterate, what I, and what I believe to be the GI Joe collecting majority, want. The height of GI Joe was from 82-90 with the popularity of the MARVEL run and SUNBOW runs. The DIC run, and later runs of comics, as well as the later lines just did not reach the same "glory days" that 82-90 brought. Of course there are fans, just the majority of us were the 82-88, 88-93 years. 87-90 bridges these two largest groups and while unlikely to happen, that is what the Club should focus on if it truly is coming down to the end...

Sergeant
    Could not care less. If you could care less that means you care.

I am similar to Windsor. If I can get as many as possible of 82-89 I'll take it. A few Sunbows here and there and even a shattered glass would still be worth a purchase but the stuff that's painted day-glo orange and pink or I have never previously heard of is still a hard pass.

Private First Class
    Didn't you read his post he said sunbow,shattered glass,etc. after all of the 82-89 have been made. But that is not my complaint, I don't mind someone stating what they want but to tell someone else that they shouldn't ask for or want something other than what he wants is wrong. I would never tell someone that what they want is wrong just because I want something different. And every time I respond to a post that asks what would you like to see get made WINDSORVT has always singled me out because I want other figures than he does. But all he ever says is with the club ending like that makes it ok to put down other people or their wants is ok. I will admit that there are figures from that time line that I also want to see made but I want other things too.

You are reading too much into my posts, adding emotional responses to emotions that you yourself are adding. My posts refer to what I want, what I like regardless of what others are asking. But go ahead continue to add your emotional spin to the way you read things...

Private First Class
    Then why is it every time I post something you always have a negative reaction even if the figures I mention are within your time frame of figures you claim are essential to your collection. You want examples, tiger force tripwire and roadblock both made in '88 and Slaughter's marauders footloose and mutt made in'89 back stop '87, budo and hydro viper '88 back blast v1 and count down '89 all of these figures are in the time line that you want and I have posted on in the past and you have disagreed with each one. The only figures that I have mentioned that you haven't had a problem with are super trooper, rock n roll v2 stalker v2 and globulus. So what have you got to say now!

This is a warning to make sure you have read the GIJCC Forum Guidelines about Off Topic comments and Personal Attacks.

Sergeant
    # ########## #####
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 02-23-2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Rule Violation!

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    There are still tons of options for figures to be produced. I encourage everyone to share what they would like to see, rather than what they do not want produced. The Club does not turn a blind eye on our posts. I am sure that if costs to make the figures were low, the Club would produce everything. Let's all take a step back & a deep breathe. I would like to see figures from the original Sunbow animation of Col. Sharpe or an updated Sparks. Figures from the Renegades animated series.