Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 GIJCC 3 3/4" Membership Incentive Figure --- Big Lob!

Post 2017 GIJCC 3 3/4" Membership Incentive Figure --- Big Lob!

We are proud to announce that the 2017 GIJCC membership incentive 3 3/4" action figure is a modern era BIG LOB... featuring a NEW head sculpt, removable grenade bandolier, pistol and grenade launcher!

This fan favorite G.I. Joe character was first introduced in the 1987 animated movie. He was never made into an action figure until our 2010 classic O-ring style BIG LOB... which sold out immediately after release.

G.I. Joe collectors waited three decades for this figure and now is your chance to add him into your modern era ranks. This FREE figure will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that selects the 3 3/4" figure option and whose membership is active by March 16th, 2017. It will be mailed in a polybag and includes file card, weapons and figure stand.

Make sure you're an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club to receive 12 monthly issues of the Club Magazine, access to Club Exclusives, Discounts for the International G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention, and your choice of a FREE 3 3/4" or 12" G.I. Joe action figure for 2017!

Private First Class
    What does it take to convince you at the Club that reduced articulation isn't acceptable? Please change the single jointed knees you've shown in the mockup for double jointed knees and replace the lower legs which have no articulation for lower legs which have full ankle articulation.

Great choice on the parts for this one! It really evokes the Big Lob character. Can't wait to get mine in hand!

Fantastic looking forward to the carded version as well. There is a 2010 Big Lob on ebay for $289 as of right now.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    He looks great. The parts are fine.

Private First Class
    I also think the articulation is an issue. Those legs are well sculpted but what sets GI Joe action figures apart is the amount of articulation. Five POA was the standard until GI Joe came along in 1982. That set a new standard. When the 25th Anniversary line came out in 2007, ankle articulation, double joint knees and swivel wrists were the new norm. Further along, we got even better wrist articulation with figures like Renegades Duke.

The rest of the figure is fantastic and then we have single jointed knees and no ankle articulation. It's just disappointing, especially since the club hasn't addressed this at all. I didn't pay $44 for the 12 magazines and some exclusive discounts on club march. I pay to get an awesome figure, like Pythona.

You know what, I'll take it. The head sculpt alone is worth getting him, even if it means we don't get fully articulated lower limbs.

Private First Class
    Just a thought, why don't you use the knees and the lower legs from the 50th outback? With the exception of the knife on the left leg the parts look almost the same and will give the articulation that so many of us want.

Private First Class dougwatkins@gmail.com's Avatar
    Instead of giving the paying members the cheapest parts, why not give them functional parts? How can Big Lob drive to the hoop without ankle articulation and single-jointed knees? Stop calling it a "Free" figure. It was paid for with our "Membership Fee".

Private First Class
    I like it. I would prefer better articulation on the legs, but I HATE roller ankles so if I had to choose, I would take this over rollers.