Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW: Salvo reimaged?

IDW: Salvo reimaged?

Doesn't bother me as he was never one of my favorites, but for some...

Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 01-26-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Just ... why?
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Sergeant
    ### #### #### ####

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    This is why I just read Hama and not this trash. Besides, it will probably only run for 12 issues and be done.

If this goes more issues than the Karen Traviss run, I'll stop reading comics forever. Does no one get or study the source material anymore? This is beyond heartbreaking, it's disrespectful to the fandom. I can't believe there wasn't someone with a better pitch when IDW went looking to reboot their joe universe.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant
    IDW had some good stories in the beginning but now, aside from the Hama stuff, the level of writing is somewhere near bad fanfic. Sadly typical of comics today.

I actually don't mind the reimaging of Salvo, as I said not one of my favorite characters/figures to begin with. What I do mind is the change to Storm Shadow if it is still suppose to be Snake Eyes friend/rival "Tommy", and what I really hate is the "hipster", "Skinny Jeans" wearing Rock N Roll. Seriously? No soldier as tough as Rock N Roll is ever going to dress like a safe space, thumb sucking, millennial hipster.

I don't mind a re-imagining of characters either, but after 2 issues I think this version of Joe is one of the worst. I most definitely will be dropping this book. I am sticking with ARAH and the complete collections (most of which seem to have fallen out of print with no re-offers from IDW). We need 2-3 of these per year, not 1 (vol 9 is out Feb).

Insidious portents of the hasbropocalypse

Sergeant
    Dropped the book awhile back.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    That is hilarious!! Man, what a kick in the nads for Salvo fans.