Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018 G. I. Joe Club Convention Set Ideas... :)

I gotta believe that an international Tiger Force set would not be very popular. They just did Tiger Force for the con in 2015, and the intl. TF Joes in the FSS usually don't go over well. Outback was received okay, but Sneak Peek is still in the club store and Shipwreck & Airtight were the hardest figures to sell/least desired back in FSS 2.
    I think a small set or two to finish off Tiger Force sold through the club store would be a better way to go. Don't make everybody headed to the convention buy another whole set of TF.

They become desirable once people start collecting them. Look at the AT sets that the Club couldn't get rid of, but once they had the right crossover pieces they became sought after. When they get enough releases of a subset people wNt to finish or round out the set. My niece saw my Tiger Force Roadblock and Tripwire and asked why they didn't have them in their ME collection. She also found a picture of the set with Wreckage, Dialtone and Stalker and noticed that the only one they didn't have of that one is Jinx. That really upset her, she loves her girl Joes. she also saw Sneak Peak ( which we got in FSS), Outback and Tunnel Rat. She didn't see Psyche Out or Blizzard thankfully, but she wanted them enough I bought Roadblock and Tripwire from the GI joe Junkyard, bought his Gung Ho and Lift Ticket painted in Tiger Force and commissioned Jinx and Tunnel Rat. I never thought I would be buying TF anything by itself. But my niece really likes them... The whole point of this is that just because they are slow at first, doesn't mean they won't be sought after a year or two later...

Corporal
    Thinking about a Mega marines con set; Mega-marines vs. Arbco Industries

Joes:
    1. Gung Ho
    2. Clutch
    3. Blast Off
    4. Mirage
    5. Deep Six (Eco Warriors)
    6. Barbecue (Eco Warriors)

Cobra:
    7. Dr. Cassandra Knox
    8. Dr. Mindbender (Short lab coat, Valor vs. Venom)
    9. Scalpel
    10. & 11. Cyber vipers
    12. & 13. Mega vipers
    14. Monstro viper
    15. Bio viper

Seems kinda early, but I'll play along.

1. DEF vs Headhunters as discussed previously. ME Bulletproof is probably in my top 5 wanted figures right now.
    2. Joe heavy weapons team vs Cobra tanks/vehicles (update guys like Fast Draw, Backblast, Downtown, Rock n Roll v2,etc.)
    3. Arctic mission (this could depend on what else we see at the con this year, but we need Blizzard, Sub Zero, Tundra Stalker, etc.)
    These are awesome ideas. Especially the heavy weapons team that would be names that are frequently requested.

Thinking about a Mega marines con set; Mega-marines vs. Arbco Industries

Joes:
    1. Gung Ho
    2. Clutch
    3. Blast Off
    4. Mirage
    5. Deep Six (Eco Warriors)
    6. Barbecue (Eco Warriors)

Cobra:
    7. Dr. Cassandra Knox
    8. Dr. Mindbender (Short lab coat, Valor vs. Venom)
    9. Scalpel
    10. & 11. Cyber vipers
    12. & 13. Mega vipers
    14. Monstro viper
    15. Bio viper
    Something like this might actually work- if only the club had another five years. I would swap out the VvsV Mindbender for the Battle Corps version (he might look really good in ME style).

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Cobra La!!!!!

Private First Class fostereben@gmail.com's Avatar
    DEF vs Headhunters please

Corporal
    Something like this might actually work- if only the club had another five years. I would swap out the VvsV Mindbender for the Battle Corps version (he might look really good in ME style).
    I forgot about Battle Corps Mindbender; good call.