Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 G. I. Joe Club Convention Set Ideas... :)

Sergeant
    I like Tiger Force Intl. vs. Python Patrol.

Corporal
    A Spytroops con set might look like:

1. Shipwreck (black deco w/ Cobra Commander headsculpts)
    2. Agent Faces (v.2 with Dr. Mindbender headsculpt)
    3. Mutt (Cobra trooper uniform)
    4. Chameleon (as Baroness)
    5. Sgt. Hacker (w/Firefly disguise)
    6. Jinx (Cobra Infiltrate)

Cobra:
    7. Zarana v.2
    8. Crimson Guardsman (w/Agent Faces headsculpt)
    9. Cobra C.L.A.W.S Commander
    10-12. Cobra C.L.A.W.S
    13.-15. Cobra Coils

Vehicle exclusive:

Crimson Command Copter deco (Eaglehawk) with Tomax & Xamot pilots
    3 pack Cobra motorcycles (for coils)
    Cobra C.A.T. III (w/blue Crimson Guard Immortal)

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    That Spytroops set actually sounds really cool.

Private First Class
    Let's petition the club to do non-convention box sets to finish off Tiger Force, Ninja Force, and Eco Warriors, along with a new Argen7 set!!! This would free up space for last 2 FSS assortments and the 2018 convention.
    I'm in, as a matter of fact I've been asking for a DREADNOKS 7 pack with all new nocks like CRUSHER, DEMOLISHER, CHOP SHOP, DEATH METAL, RUGRAT, MACHETE, NINJA FORCE ZARTAN. And a NINJA FORCE/BATTLES 7 pack with BANZAI, BUSHIDO, DOJO, KAMAKURA, TIGER CLAW, SOFT MASTER, IRON/METAL MASTER.

You know, as much as they charge, and as much as we're willing to pay, I'm surprised there's not more store exclusives to this effect.
    I don't know what the issue could be. I personally would like more exclusives peppered throughout the year in addition to the FSS and Con sets. Tiger Force and Eco Warriors would just be repaints, I'm sure the remaining Ninja Force could be done cheaply as there so many ME ninja figures from which to work.

DEF vs Evil Headhunters
    Cobra La vs movie Joes
    Plague vs Anybody

That is all...

Quote Originally Posted by ;14394

Plague vs Anybody

That is all...
    Plague vs BATS!
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher

Quote Originally Posted by ;14281
    Let's petition the club to do non-convention box sets to finish off Tiger Force, Ninja Force, and Eco Warriors, along with a new Argen7 set!!! This would free up space for last 2 FSS assortments and the 2018 convention.
    I've been saying this for a long time too. I'm glad there are more who feel the same way. There are lots of us that would like to buy toys, but can't go to the conventions for a variety of reasons. (I for one, teach and can't take vacations in April. Last year when it was in the summer and also within driving distance of me, it conflicted with the dates of my wife's trip for work, doh!). Since there will be no Transformers exclusives to see and BotCon the next 2 years, maybe there can be a few more Joe products sold through the club store for all members. I would love to see little sets like these.
    looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by ;14312
    I like Tiger Force Intl. vs. Python Patrol.
    I gotta believe that an international Tiger Force set would not be very popular. They just did Tiger Force for the con in 2015, and the intl. TF Joes in the FSS usually don't go over well. Outback was received okay, but Sneak Peek is still in the club store and Shipwreck & Airtight were the hardest figures to sell/least desired back in FSS 2.
    I think a small set or two to finish off Tiger Force sold through the club store would be a better way to go. Don't make everybody headed to the convention buy another whole set of TF.
    looking for:

I've been saying this for a long time too. I'm glad there are more who feel the same way. There are lots of us that would like to buy toys, but can't go to the conventions for a variety of reasons. (I for one, teach and can't take vacations in April. Last year when it was in the summer and also within driving distance of me, it conflicted with the dates of my wife's trip for work, doh!). Since there will be no Transformers exclusives to see and BotCon the next 2 years, maybe there can be a few more Joe products sold through the club store for all members. I would love to see little sets like these.
    I am not a convention attendee either usually because of timing and expense. I feel better spending $600-700 on the non-attendee set and using ebay to purchase the souvenirs than spending over $3000 to attend the convention. Don't get me wrong I would attend if it were closer to me (NYC, Boston, NJ, DC).

We do need more yearly exclusives though, but I think the production and development schedules wouldn't work. All of the suggestions I made would need at least 6 months to a year of lead time (just look at those kickstarter projects this year - a 2 year timeframe for all new figures which translates into 6 months to a year for repaints).

My idea is 2-packs similar to the Flaming Moth 2-packs from 2006: TF: Tripwire and Roadblock, EW: Deep Six and Barbecue, and any of the great foreign editions; S. American Sky Patrol, NF: Dojo and Night Creeper, Banzai and Bushido, etc. AND the ARGEN 7!!! (sorry)