Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 GIJoeCon Set Details and Previews are ONLINE!

Probably since BAT IIs as well.

That much I figured. But I mean, what else? Usually they give a description of every figure in the set.
    They will with the reveals... they are holding back some surprises. My guess is Hot Wire will be included and since it is an experimental "laser" weapon, maybe even the concept case Laser Viper

Sergeant
    Looks like I'll have to travel to Florida!

Sergeant
    "Bat leader" likely = Overkill.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    I think the 1st reveal looks great

BattleForce 2000!!! Yes!! Thank you club!! Blocker, Dodger, and the boys!!! The weekly figure reveals are going to have me on the edge of my seat!! This is going to be so great! I bet the new ME version of Avalanche trumps the original!!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant
    I'll bet there are a few other Cobra leaders to operate the "secret weapon." Probably Cobra Commander in a parka from the Sunbow Cartoon or something like that.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Maybe Blackice since the story is going up to Canada?

I know BF2K was highly desired by some, I'm really happy for them to get it. I'll have to see how the rest of the team turns out before I make my own judgement, but Maverick seems about as close to the original as you can get without marking a lot of brand new parts.
    As for the Cobras, I'm not excited about more BATs. Maybe there are other good characters included we don't know about yet, but we have just had so many BAT releases (from Hasbro and the club lately) that I don't think we needed any more and a better enemy could have been chosen.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Other than the helmet, Maverick looks spot on, actually like this helmet better. Not a fan of the original BF2000, but I'm actually thrilled the Club is going to attempt this. Very interested in the cobra side. How many BATs will there be, who else will be in the set, will Backstop be included? Will any of the Canadian Joecon characters be introduced since it's going to be involving Canada, Snowbank, JoeCanuck, Blackice, Shiver...