Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 GIJoeCon Set Details and Previews are ONLINE!

I think the secondary market prices will be somewhat soft as well.

As for the souvenirs - Overkill & Hotwire ($250 max), Laser Viper or Joe cold weather 3 pack ($250 max), Dee Jay with Armadillo ($300 max). All convention items have been on a downward trend on ebay. Even the 2011-13 items have fluctuated (not the '11 set, of course). I think the fan base has reached the threshold for which they will pay. Everything seems to have stabilized, not increased in value over the last two years. People are only willing to pay $300 for a bagged NF Crazy Legs for so long.

I would not expect to see any of the con Attendee figure sets make it back to the Club store after the Con. I have gone to several of the last few Cons and have watched some buyers go and buy up all they can on Saturday, while gloating that they bought the store out of a figure or pack, due the the Club not wanting to have the hassle of repacking and taking that stuff home and trying to sell it online via the Club Store. Its less work for them if they can sell out at the Con and let the secondary market help with distribution.

Look at it this way, the club is already at the con...ALL the con items are also at the con, sometimes they even show up late to the con, it costs the club money to sell at the con..rooms, labor, food, etc....then to have to repack and drive all that unsold items back and unload, then put up to sell in the store, repack, ship individual items...lots more labor....and I dont think the club would be up for selling items at a markup on the store from the con either, cuz you all know, most of the people will start to whine about its not fair that the prices are higher now than at the con..........even though they should think of how Kickstarter stuff works out....get in early, cheaper prices...come late and pay more....

but either way..........I would like to see the club have items available after the con...would make it way easier on me...and less stress....you guys dont believe the amounts of texts, calls and PMs I get while at the con.."Hey can you get this item for me"...nope...

other side of the coin is, I know what everyone says about the scalpers and resellers and agree with most of it...I hate the fact that certain people go to the Con(s) to just load up on items to resell, have zero to little interest in the show or items themselves. When one person can buy 12-15 of some items during the days of the con is just crap, but that is how it is designed to go.

My advice to people who can not go, find someone who is, and ask them to see what they can get on Saturday, but understand that takes away from them being able to do something else....

I think prices have stabilized because some people are just getting out of the GI Joe collecting and going back to vintage if anything. Part of the softening has been that more people know the Club exists and have joined also buying direct and not secondary, then there are more figures produced than the early runs. Supply and demand of the after market. I hope you are right that enough are produced that there will be supply on the secondary market.

However, this is not entirely accurate- The home front heroes arrive about a month after the Con and are then shipped. If you allow Homefront heroes to pre register for the add ons and send them with the homefront packages there is no additional packing involved. They arrive to the Club and need to be distributed, and left overs are then available for the store. As for the price difference- consider the Con a Sale, and if you missed the sale it is your own fault.
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 01-30-2017 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Please remove email if you "Reply to quote".

Avalanche looks good, but is there any way to get him with a Mic... That was so much a part of his look, well to most of us lost it...hahahahahah

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I like how Avalanche's camo looks and I like the parts they used, but his head looks a little wonkey. Mind you the photo shopping always looks a little wonkey. Good job none the less.

Who's left on the BF2000 side? I want to see them in a group shot.

Blaster, Blocker, and Dodger

Avalanche looks really great! Can't wait to see the finalized headsculpt.

If you allow Homefront heroes to pre register for the add ons and send them with the homefront packages there is no additional packing involved. They arrive to the Club and need to be distributed, and left overs are then available for the store. As for the price difference- consider the Con a Sale, and if you missed the sale it is your own fault.
    I think the club should give this a try. Who cares if everyone whines and complains - we supposedly only have 2 years.

Dodger doesn't look half bad, face is kinda weird but overall I like it. Needs a little more brown/orange on the vest though
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 01-31-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I'd rather have new removable helmets with older heads. These new heads with the lacking mics have really bad faces.