Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiler Alert - first shippent of FSS 5

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar

Spoiler Alert - first shippent of FSS 5

I'm very close to the home office so no surprise.

Sergeant
    Got mine, too. The two figures I honestly cared least about from this FSS. Glad that's over with. I'll probably sell the troop builder. Maybe the Joe, too.

Corporal
    Yep, got mine in Mansfield Tx. On the first day they started showing up. I'm happy with both. The Joe looks better than the ROC and con set versions, while the 2nd figure is a good representative of his original figure, and looks pretty good too.

Private First Class
    St. Louis reporting in got mine

Private First Class autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com's Avatar
    got mine yesterday happy with both but that card art on the viper is just sad

I also received mine yesterday. Kind of a mixed bag because its not my two favorite characters.

1. Charbroil - I have a certain level of nostalgia for him as he is one of the first joes I received (Christmas 1988, sooo long ago )I think it's a good representation of the original and a real necessity for anyone wanting to complete the '82-'94 line in ME style.
    2. Battle Corps Viper - I don't really know what to say, but it's a purple Cobra Viper . This figure might look good in the blue, black, and red of the '86 Viper (hint, hint). I actually passed in this figure for months back in 1993/94 because I thought he was so odd and out of place. I believe I eventually picked him up in Wallgreens or Pathmark for $1 or $2 on clearance in late 1994 after Joe had officially died. Overall I think the FSS figure is pretty good considering the source material.

Can't wait for wave 1B
    Last edited by kelty11@verizon.net; 01-16-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Wave 1B - I'll say this. We've waited all these years for a modern era Salvo. What's a few more weeks? Oh wait, what am I saying. Send Salvo home right now. Let our wait be over!!!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant
    We want Scoop back.

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Los Angeles, CA. Got mine Saturday when I got home from work. Thrilled with the card art on Charbroil and the figure is an extremely nice addition. I was not excited, at first, about the BC Viper. In hand, however, he looks pretty good. I have one for my shelf and one for my wall of carded figures. Let's get Sneak Peek and Steel Raven in wave 2.

I got mine last week and I really like the Charbroil. I kinda wish he had the unmasked head from the NF version, but I will probably keep his helmet on so it's not a big deal.
    I'm selling the Viper though. It's a very accurate representation the old figure, I just have no interest in having these guys in my display personally.
    As a side note, I think both of these figures come with the perfect amount of accessories. They have what they need for their specialties, and they can carry all of it without a lot of extra pieces to lose.

Since we are discussing the figures in this thread, maybe admin or someone should change the title to include a SPOILER ALERT for people who haven't received theirs yet.