Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Convention Set Reveal coming soon

I posted on another thread but what if it were Cold Slither? Ties in with the suited Xamot... And the free figure for subs this year could be Cover Girl? http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/Cold_Slither

Sergeant
    That's only a week or so after I said that on the announcement thread!

I will keep an open mind, because I have to, because no hobby matters to me more than the preservation and longevity of GI Joe, but nine months of daily commenting or anazlyizing threads, doing polls, and e-mailing Fun Pub Admin, will seem like a futile waste of time if 2017 Con and FSS 6.0 have absolutely nothing to do with the campaigning and efforts of said nine months. Eco Warriors vs Zombies and Sky Patrol were nothing I cared about and that killed me, so I decided to be proactive, instead of a silent complainer, but I'm losing faith that any of it mattered after the hints came out. There's still FSS 6.0, to also be unveiled, but I'm feeling a little dejected these days
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

However, if you look back through the history of the requests- they are listening. The problem is do they have enough time to make everything that has been requested and the answer is no. That said, I think our lobbying efforts would be better directed to Hasbro for a longer extension of Fun Pub's license. I like an idea that one of the Facebook groups had of sending "Flag Points" to Hasbro in an effort to keep the "special offer" figures alive. Using some of Hasbro's own industry advertising to go with it . You know reminding them that GI Joe is the bedrock of their success...

I think someone developing a "flag point" flyer that gets sent to Hasbro that looks similar to this, plus the industry Hasbro Makes it Happen stuff could have an impact. 1. It shows that we as collectors have some brand loyalty. 2. Obvious Brand Awareness and 3. Their marketing strategy of the past worked and had a long, long and lasting impact ... After all- building Brand Awareness, Loyalty to sell the toys is the Marketing 101 of the Toy Industry.

Yeah, if there's another phone number or e-mail address that gets posted for members to request a continuance, write letters to Hasbro, etc, I'd participate, but depending on Con Set Reveals & what FSS 6.0 offers, I might have to accept that the rest of the 87-89 stuff just isn't going to happen
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

They were trying snail mail direct to Hasbro with the flag points

Private First Class autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com's Avatar
    come on club tell us something

The hints, the waiting, the anticipation, its almost over...less than 36 hours until we know. Yo Joe

Corporal
    This month's club comic strip mentions a stealth pilot & the Jugglers. I wander if that could be a clue to the con set.