Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Convention Set Reveal coming soon

Sergeant
    I'm thinking arctic theme, too. Would go with the mindbender that was a club figure. "Cold, calculating" just sounds like too much of a tipoff.

Still hoping and praying for a the huge stretch that would be a "cold slither" Dreadnoks set.

I'm scared it's not Battle Force because I'm not sure they have natural "cold," enemies save maybe Avalanche.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Might be able to get a new Blizzard, in both ARAH white & Action Force yellow, out of an Arctic theme.

I'm thinking its probably a cold weather set. Not really what the members were requesting, but it might be good. And what's up starting registration is January? I think it would better in March (between the FSS payments).

Sergeant
    "We're cold slither, you'll be joining us soon, a band of vipers playin' our tune!"

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    If the hint is literal then battle force 2000 or battle corp(DEF repaints) and either space or winter cobras, maybe even cobra la, doubt it though. Cold, calculating and trapping the joes could mean anything though. Maybe the 2003 python patrol figures since the con is in Florida again? Easy repaints and they're supposed to be stealthy (might get the concept case laser viper). Speaking of stealthy the Night Stalkers are supposed to be quite stealthy as well and with the new female soldiers this could be easily accomplished as well.

Corporal
    Hopefully not arctic.

I really don't want to think this way, especially after 9 months of campaigning for BF2000 and then soliciting members for cheaper ideas after the club asked we keep requests modest for budget reasons. But how long in advance do they decide the next year's theme? What if they went for broke on the Sky Patrol set thinking the end was here? What if that decision was made before they knew they were getting an extension? I sure hope not, but if so, we're getting a set of arctic costumes Joe & Cobra figures we already have, just in arctic gear; and that would be really sad for the majority of us I think. Even worse, what would that mean for FSS 6.0? I sincerely hope I am wrong, but the hints really scared me, and took the wind out of my sails.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

If the club is to be believed, they weren't aware of the extension until shortly before it was announced at JoeCon, so that would have constructed Sky Patrol months before. I don't recall the timeline of when it became apparent that the license would be ending, so Sky Patrol may have been in the works before the Club believed it was losing the license. But I guess it could go either way.

Sergeant
    If it's what we, personally want, then great. If it's not I'm going to keep an open mind. Remember that FP has to take the input of thousands of registered members into account and the loudest voices lobbying on the forums aren't always the most popular opinions. I didn't want Sky Patrol and that turned into a pretty cool set with some brand new characters that codified the Cobra Air Force (using its neat logo from the original Rattler) into an actual fighting division of Cobra. Keeping an open mind.