Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW: Revolution comics

IDW: Revolution comics

The Revolution thing....sigh...how many years of knock-off Avengers Marvel Film Universe Hasbro are we going to have to endure, before the IDW Joe Verse becomes purely GI Joe again? I only ask because I'm trying to gauge how many years until I have more than just Hama's ARAH. Man I miss the days of three exclusively GI Joe books a month. You had the Hama Book, The Costa Cobra Book, and the main IDW Joe verse Book. Man I miss it. Now Rock N Roll wears skater pants, Chuck Taylor Converse Sneakers, fights Aliens, Transformers, and will soon be singing with Gem and the Holograms with opening act Matt Trakker. Goodbye Krake and Mad Monk, we hardly knew ye, but we mourn your disappearance and along with it, the emergence of Visionaries vs GI Joe. Ugh.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I read about 4 pages of it and just wasn't feeling it. I think those pages was enough to sum up everything that's going to be wrong with this iteration, at least to my tastes.

Sergeant
    Tried to read first issue. Couldn't. Entire storylines of what they were doing in Transformers were ignored. They killed Galvatron in the regular transformers comic then there he was, alive and well, in Revolution.

Completely agree. Revolution was awful!!. the MASK series is off to a good start, but I haven't read GI JOE #1 yet. I still prefer the Larry Hama storyline at this point.

Right now I feel really bad for TF fans- their club is gone and God knows what Hasbro is planning.

Happy New Year

Sergeant
    Close to dropping the remaining TF IDW title. It has its moments but they're just too few and far between. The already canceled "more than meets in the eye" title was good with lots of spacefaring storylines and even Megatron as an autobot was just starting to get good (they tricked him into believing he'd been fueled with fool's energon to make him more docile) when it was canceled. They had set the stage for Megatron to go back to leading the decepticons and then... nothing.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Is the ARAH title done? Again?
    These go to Eleven...

No, Hama's ARAH is still going, it just went back to monthly as opposed to the twice a month it had been doing during Cobra World Order.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class bdwhite79@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thank goodness!!! I was actually wondering the same thing! Thanks Abernathy!! I really enjoy Hama's ARAH stories...

They've rebranded it as Transformers "Lost Light". Same story and writer, just a new title.

Sergeant
    But isn't it like half the cast? I thought Megatron and Rodimus weren't going to be in it and they were, honestly, the only ones I really tuned in for.