Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 G.I. Joe/Transformers Collectors' Club Crossover Set - Package Preview!

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    Not yet I hope i get the email soon. This is my 1st club exclusive purchase was the email sent to your personal email so I know where to watch?

Sergeant
    Personal e-mail.

Woo Hoo! Got my set in the mail today! First time in my membership that I have been one of the first to receive and not the last at the end of the month...

Sergeant
    How's it look? Is the box pretty?

Box is interesting... not a box, but a diorama slip cover? That goes over the plastic packaging. Rodimus looks good, Arcee's hair looked better in pics than in person, but the head still looks like it could be a good Glenda accept I don't think the Pilot Scarlett helmet will fit now

Sergeant
    Got mine today. It's nice and the diorama packaging is very cool. Glad to have Ninja Force Scarlett... but it's still a LOT to pay for four figures and some pack-ins. The diorama is nice but it's not as big as the printed boxes that the comicon sets have... which makes sense because it's four figures and some pack-ins. I just wish there could be some sanity about pricing for this kind of set because all this means is people willing to sell their NF Scarlett are now going to start listing the single figure at at least $100 as the whole set was only about $40 more than that. Once again the collectors who just want a key figure will get gouged.

Yeah, I hear that. I'll be looking at that NF Scarlett down the road a piece, but not for no sawbuck. Bad enough I can't get my hands on a FSS Covergirl because of that crap. I am looking forward to Hot Rod and Arcee though.
    (All respects to Mr Carlin) Things you'll never hear a Joe say:
    Hand me that VAMP.
    Do what you want to the civilian, but leave me alone!

I try to keep my complaining to a minimum, because, like all of us, I am here by choice. But this set is really sticking in my craw. As much as they say 5 figures, I think calling the TFs anything more than pack-ins is a stretch. Not only that, but there's no ninja force in FSS 5.0, so the only NF member this year is probably this one, in a set that's just way too much (for me, anyway), which means I don't get it, or I pay too much for it somewhere else, which makes me question why I'm in the club. I can not get joes I want anywhere.

I'd be curious to know how many members would have paid the average FSS post sub price of $40 for a carded Scarlett or Biggles-Jones, and would have preferred to do so in lieu of this set. I also don't see the appeal of this for strictly TF collectors, at least at the asking price.