Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2016 GIJCC/TCC Crossover Exclusive 5-pack available for Pre-Order!

Sergeant
    The secondary market doesn't work if it doesn't sell out. There are STILL SDCC sets available on Hasbrotoyshop.com so there IS no secondary market for that product. I fear these high prices will kill the golden goose. Collectors are already balking at the higher-priced items that have more than four figures. Even if people buy them just for Ninja Force Scarlett to part it out and sell here that'll just bring down the secondary price of Ninja Force Scarlett.

I'd be willing to pay the club the standard per figure price for Scarlett, but since I'll have to go to the secondary market, if the price goes down, that benefits me for sure.

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Errrrr, the geniuses at Hasbro brought us G.I.Joe in the first place. The majority of the Fun Publishing characters are based off what Hasbro has already produced and the head sculpts and body configurations have not been outsourced.

Sergeant
    I just think collectors will even start to balk (in a major way) if you're paying upwards of $100 for painted boxes and window displays and not many actual toys. The goose that was comicon exclusives has already been killed and the long, hype-induced lines fail to sell out many products at the show anymore. When Hasbrotoyshop sells the "exclusives" a few weeks later - exact same product - what's really the point?

I would agree that at the prices we pay, in not interested in paying premiums for packaging. That's a big ask by the retailer in my opinion.