Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 GIJCC/TCC Crossover Exclusive 5-pack available for Pre-Order!

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    They do. I pre ordered and it already came out of my bank

Thanks. Going to have to wait a bit then. That EF kickstarter cost me $495.

Sergeant
    I seriously do wonder what brings the cost up so much on these. Is it the screenprinted cardboard box? I'd rather have mine in polybags if we were given the option.

Yeah, this one is pretty tough to swallow. I think calling it a 5-pack is a stretch. Those Transformers don't look like much more than pack-ins, and that CC just being a repaint of a $5 DG version is hard to eat, as well.

Any TF Collectors out there that find value in this set from a strictly Transformers perspective?

They should have dumped the TF figures for this set and included Dojo, a recolored Night Creeper and a Black/Orange Night Creeper Leader.

Sergeant
    Having the recolored NC leader (without the dumb beanie) would've been really cool. Hoping we get more Ninja Force before the club contract comes up again. Cue the whining from the anti-ninja group now.

Yeah, that's why this set bums me out. It's the only NF we're getting this year, and I can't even afford it. But I knew that was going to be the case when they announced this thing anyway. I figured $100 was best case scenario.

There must not be much of a anti-ninja group, as this set is clearly powered by NF Scarlett. Biggle-Jones is the only other indulgence here. Those TFs only barely qualify as "figures", and as much as the club touts the repaint (it is a nice re-paint), that CC is still a $5 figure with a nicer shine.

If there's anyone buying this set with no interest in that NF Scarlett, I'd like to hear from them.

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Ouch. Compared to what you get with SDCC box sets, this is expensive. I think it's worth $79.99, maybe $99.99 at the outside.

I'm curious to see what Hascon will charge for their exclusive toys. I'm hoping it might start to bring the costs back to a more realistic level.

Quote Originally Posted by morgardee@hotmail.com View Post
    Ouch. Compared to what you get with SDCC box sets, this is expensive. I think it's worth $79.99, maybe $99.99 at the outside.

I'm curious to see what Hascon will charge for their exclusive toys. I'm hoping it might start to bring the costs back to a more realistic level.
    The Hascon sets will probably be produced in greater number by Hasbro itself which will bring down costs. But I don't think that the geniuses at Hasbro would have ever produced some of the sets that the club has over the last few years.

I'm not contending that the club is trying to burn us with this price. I think history has shown us how slim their margins are. But as a consumer, and look at that set and don't see a $145 value. Clearly, some do. For me, I'd be paying that price for Scarlett, because nothing else appeals to me.