Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Club updates September 2016

That is great to hear! I can't wait to get these figures, they are looking great.

Private First Class
    Awesome! !!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my set now

Thank you Club for acting on the voice of the members. I've wanted Salvo for a very long time, and I'm so excited that the redesign is possible. I'm sure a lot of hard work went on behind the scenes and it's greatly appreciated. Yo Joe!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    Now Steel Raven has to be fixed...I've seen a lot of criticism about her too. Not as much as Salvo, but there are many who would prefer her to be dark blue instead of brown at the least, and at most a change of her coat from 2 pieces to 1 piece.

Sergeant
    Don't care that much about Steel Raven. I'm okay with her.

Private First Class giants5680@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Love Steel Raven as she has been presented, no changes needed in my opinion.

Not my era- she looks good to me, but I understand Extreme fans want her as close to what they remember as they can get. However, this request comes after the barn doors have been left open and the horse has not only left the barn, but long since left the pasture and maybe even the county as well. Before the deadline would have been the time to request these changes, when the club could have had a different mock up to show. Now the deadline is over, people subscribed based on the way she was presented. You cannot switch now. Should have done a mock up photoshop and presented it for consideration and feedback. If people liked the figure they saw ( I did) and when the actual comes it is an entirely different color scheme those that ordered might feel cheated.

I feel like the predominant issue some have with Steel Raven is the color palette, which would be subject to change anyway. But I also don't know if there is a big enough contingent of fans who dislike it versus the number who seem perfectly fine with. I think Salvo has got people thinking changes are in the air, but I don't know if the Club has ever seen as vocal and as intense a dislike for a build. They pretty much HAD to address it in some capacity.

Sergeant
    Salvo (and before him Hit n' Run) were situations where the difference between the original and the ME/FSS version were blatant. I don't think we should nitpick every little thing (like Steel Raven's colors) when the club has limitations just like we all do at our jobs. Let's keep the club fun and get a figure that's 90% faithful to the original in the process.

Salvo, Hit and Run, Spearhead Orange, Night Creeper Leader choice of Serpentor bald head, blindfold, and color scheme were all changed partially due to feedback, but All that feedback came way, way before the deadline closed. In all three cases of FSS 3.0 the changes did not improve the figure in my opinion. Salvo is a home run for the Salvo collector (not me and like Steel Raven I was okay with the first mock up, but the second is a better figure than the first). Hit and Run received digital squiggles on his face to try and create "stubble", Spearhead was given his original bright orange (vs the muted rusty brown orange int he first mock up) and NCL received a mismatched black skull cap to go with his Purple blindfold (people wanted tiger stripes and orange). Then there were complaints the skull cap should have been "purple"- which would have made him look like Zorro trying out for the LA Lakers Cheerleaders...lol!