Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Salvo - Revision?

Yes there were a lot of unique weapons back in the vintage days, one of the things I really liked about that time period. The Duke/Metal Head weapons would be great but I'm happy to have the bigger build that we all asked for that I'm not going to complain about little things like the accessories, worst case I will find Duke or Metal Head and use their weapons for Salvo. I only ever had the DTC version of salvo and I was really sad that he didn't come with his original gear so it would be a huge bonus if the club found a way to include that backpack launcher with this figure.

Private First Class spivster66@aol.com's Avatar
    I was kinda okay with the original version, as I liked so many other figures in the 5.0 lineup and I was glad to see Salvo was going to be a part of it, but I agree with everyone else: this version is WAAAAAY better!! Fingers crossed, indeed, that everything works out and this is the figure we get!

Now I really, REALLY can't wait to get that first shipment!

Ok, I get what you are saying about the Duke/Metalhead launcher, but I actually disagree. In my opinion the included launcher actually looks more like the original weapon. It's a big square launcher that he carries around on his shoulder (not attached to a backpack) and even though this only has 1 missile, it is based off a real world weapon that shoots 4 rockets, the M202 Flash.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher

I agree, it is closer to the original in how you would fire it, I think everyone's point is that the original concept of the character being named "Salvo" was that he should be launching multiple projectiles all at once. That is why people have suggested the backpack launcher as it does that job more than the one he's shown with here. I really would be fine with either but as far as the purpose of the character I think a launcher that actually carries more than one projectile would be more suited to that purpose.

I have enough spare missiles to just mod the launcher. Going to cut the tip of 4, mount them together on a cut, single one and insert into the launcher. Granted it won't fly far, but I don't intend to shoot it and it will look far better on display.

That's not a bad idea Hebime. I have plenty of old missiles I might try the same thing, but I'm not too worried either way. I don't know about anybody else, but my Salvo will never be firing any missiles at Cobra tanks. He is going to standing on a shelf, posed with a toy weapon that represents a multi-shot rocket launcher and that is good enough for me.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I couldn't agree more. So long as the updated bulkier version is truly the one we get, I don't care about the launcher.

Hey club, any word yet on if this build has been approved?
    25% Red Lasers / 25% Blue Lasers / 50% Knowing

Considering it was the picture that came up in the subscription site I am hoping it was, it would be pretty rotten of them to show it there and then ship us the original one...